Customer Logistics Manager
Japan, Minato-ku, J-Tokyo
Are you a dedicated individual who is passionate about customer happiness and continuous improvements?We want YOU! Embark on your journey at the LEGO Group as a Customer Logistics Manager.
We would like to hear your amazing experience as a Customer Logistics professional and driving improvements in supply chain. Join our fun and outstanding Supply Chain Organization and be the incentive of change!• Drive initiatives in the local BU that will increase the happiness on the LEGO Group’s service to customers. This is measured through Customer Pulse survey once a year.
• Drive supply chain responsiveness by improving the Customer Order Leadtime, ambition is to improve 10% year to year.
• Drive mutual value creation between the LEGO Group and external customers by offering solutions that will improve service, cost, and cash. Identify simplification and efficiency opportunities across the end to end supply chain and find ways to replicate with scale on a regional level. This is project driven with success measure/s defined in collaboration with both internal and external teams.
• Support capturing the logistics requirements from new customers and on-board them of what the LEGO Group's supply chain can offer. Likewise, he/she will partner closely with our supply chain operations teams (e.g. Distribution) to enable the logistics requirements of our customers.
• Support both APAC SCO and Japan BU to address ad-hoc Supply Chain issues that affect our customers and other data queries.
Play your part in our team succeedingAPAC Customer Logistics is part of the APAC Supply Chain Operations (SCO). APAC SCO is primarily focused on ensuring availability of LEGO products to our APAC customers at the right quality, and on time. We do this in a way that is efficient and responsive, seeking for outstanding customer service at the efficient cost and cash (inventory) to both LEGO and our customers. Customer Logistics actively work with external customers and internal LEGO teams to identify, develop, and implement End-To-End shelf-connected Supply Chain improvement initiatives.
The candidate will be working with one of the world’s most loved brands, and personally be able to make a significant impact enabling the Japan business, making the LEGO Group the supplier of choice for our customers. The person in the role will have opportunity to work broadly across multi-functional teams in the value chain, travel (as required) in APAC, and be exposed to our global customer logistics network to share and re-apply the best methodologies. The role opens up to opportunities for further career advancement within the supply chain organization.
Requirements• Minimum B.Sc. degree within supply chain management, engineering, or business management
• 3-5 years experience working in CPG/ FMCG/Toy/Luxury/Sports & Apparel
• Commercial/account management exposure, with a good knowledge of customer relationship management
• Validated track-record of teamwork and negotiation skills
• A good understanding of supply chain operations within a retail environment; experience in Toy industry would be a plus
• Clear understanding of logistics cost drivers and the trade-offs within the value chain
• Self driven, strong ability to effectively work with colleagues across different time zones, cultures, and locations
• Strong communication and follow through skills
• Occasional travel required within APAC
• Advanced level in Japanese and English to communicate with Japanese and English speaking stakeholders
Nice to haves
• Previous experience in Sales, Customer Service, and/or Customer Development work will be an advantage
• Takes initiative, recognizes, and acts on opportunities
• Thrives and contributes best in a team setting
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and take judgment calls
• Ability to embrace new technology, process/es, and tools to drive more value
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you possess the attributes to succeed in this role – and you share our dedication to creativity, teamwork, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The role of Customer Logistics offers many opportunities to impact the business, collaborating with external customers and internal LEGO teams to define solutions that will enable sales, service, cost, and cash.”