Community Programme Manager – Americas
Are you interested in inspiring and developing children in our local communities across the Americas?A unique opportunity to bring the LEGO mission to life and create outstanding impact for children in local communities and LEGO employees.
Core Responsibilities• Develop, plan and execute innovative LEGO N/C/S Americas Retail community programme that aims to transform stores into beacons of Learning through Play and engage employees in their local communities (USA, Canada, Mexico and Central America as appropriate)
o Based on successful pilots and existing programmes (incl Build To Give and Play Day), develop and execute robust plan to create beacons of Learning through play at all stores in Americas, in partnership with global team and further develop meaningful connections between retail teams and local community groups.
o Expand and develop new partnerships with charitable entities in relevant geographies to execute on plan within budget and timeline, in partnership with LCE USA Manager. Risk check for compliance and provide all reporting and evaluation.
o Partner closely with LBR Operations team to ensure full alignment and buy in and train leadership, regional managers and trainers to deliver.
o Partner closely with additional teams across the business including GPA, Comms, marketing, PR, finance and more to maximize synergies and achieve true triple shared value – community/children, employees and business.
o Provide timely, accurate reporting on budget, employees engaged and children and manage administration of programs.
o Reactively respond to requests for local in-kind and cash giving (in relevant cities) and proactively engage stores to engage in local giving as aligned with plan.
• Develop and execute plan to inject LtP experiences into core partner stores (Target, Walmart…) in the Americas, in partnership with global team.
o Working in partnership with Americas Sales and CR team - develop opportunities that engage children in key community, environment and LtP topics and connect with the needs of the retailer and LEGO Group’s desire to inspire the builders of tomorrow through learning through play interventions.
o Execute multifaceted plan aligned with budget and timeline – developing partnership, delivering programme and evaluating as required.
• Play Agent Hero: Proactively deliver play agent trainings for leadership, employees and partners spreading the gospel of play and ensuring delivery partners are able to deliver great programmes on our behalf, aligned with best practice.
• Parent Engagement - Manage/further develop programs/initiatives to educate and inspire parents in the USA to inject more learning through play into their childrens’ everyday.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe role is critical to connecting employees to the LEGO Idea and our core missoin– inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Children in local communities around the world have a right to quality learning through play experiences and it is our responsibility to make the magic happen and bring our colleagues on the journey with us.
Do you have what it takes?• More than 5 years direct experience in one or more of the following: community relations, employee engagement and/or CSR
• Communications/PR experience
• Large project management and complex budget experience
• Proactive and demonstrated ability to use an outside in perspective – designing programmes and strategies based on high level objectives.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to work with senior leadership through to four year olds
• Experience working in retail organization or environment
• Superb written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver engaging, impactful presentations to large groups of executives as well as four year olds. Able to write pithy press releases, exciting internal comms articles and compelling emails.
• National and International travel up to 35 days/year
• Passion for children, play, education and people
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. They have an open, positive view of the world that motivates us to continuously strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We consider all of our employees part of the LEGO family. Beyond competitive pay and bonus incentives, employees on campus can enjoy free coffee and snacks, a fitness center, on-site childcare, a LEGO store with discounts and the biggest event of the year: PLAY DAY! Being part of our family also means playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.