Account Manager - Grocery & Ecommerce
United Kingdom, Slough
We are looking for a passionate and energised Account Manager with exposure to UK grocery and ecommerce channels who would like to help us connect with more children at one of the most loved brands.If you would love to work within a collaborative and supportive, future thinking team where you’re responsible for handling important customer relationships and well recognised retail brands, then this is the role for you.
Core Responsibilities• Collaboration – establishing relationships across a wide variety of functional areas across the BU
• Business Planning – forecasting and sales plan management to drive consumer sales to target while balancing retailer & consumer needs
• P&L – management across varying touchpoint of the sales cycle
• Sales Management – exciting new product launches, promotions and events
• Support – working collaboratively with the Senior Key Account Manager to implement the agreed strategy
• Analysis and review of consumer sales data and other financial metrics
• Negotiation of investments via annual business plans to ensure strong return on investment
• Be empowered to take ownership of your own development and we will support in that personal growth to success
Play your part in our team succeedingThe LEGO UK & Ireland Sales team is responsible for the delivery and execution of LEGO business strategy and must deliver profitable and sustainable growth at retail. Our role is to be a trusted partner who strives to get the right products and experiences, in the right place, at the right time and drive a mutually beneficial business plan with our customers. The role of an Account Manager is to represent The LEGO Company in their day to day interactions with our business partners and in true LEGO fashion have fun doing it.
Do you have what it takes?• Entry level experience of sales/buying team; ideally from a branded FMCG company or Grocery/E-commerce retailer
• Positive relationship management experience both internally and externally with significant exposure to presenting your ideas and work
• Exposure to joint business planning and an understanding of contingency planning in a challenging environment
• Prepared to test and learn with your accounts to develop new strategies and realise new opportunities
• Know the basic forces of the market in which we operate as a company: consumers, customers, competitors etc.
• Excellent time management and attention to detail in a fast paced team environment
• Awesome analytics and data management experience with the ability to turn insight into action planning; and budget management experience
• Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
• Driver’s license (& right to drive in the UK)
Join the global LEGO®Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
Bringing it to life
Play isn’t something separate from the daily grind of life. It is not something to finally get to when work ends. Rather, play, like music, is a force that we feel in our bones and that whispers in our heart. As kids demonstrate, play is not over there, but forever here and now.