Explore state-of-the-art engineering and design with the LEGO® Technic 42078 Mack Anthem truck. Developed in partnership with Mack® Trucks Inc., this authentic replica model comes with an array of realistic technical details and functions, including front-axle steering, rear wheel drive and a 6 cylinder straight engine with working pistons and spinning radiator fan. The detachable trailer has extendable outriggers, working landing legs, synchronized crane arms with side loading capability, and a loadable container with lockable doors, while the accessible driver’s cab has opening doors, adjustable seats, detailed dashboard, steering wheel, sun visors and a bunk bed. This 2-in-1 advanced builder set also features a Mack bulldog hood ornament, and can be rebuilt into a detailed replica of the iconic Mack LR garbage truck.
- Features authentically designed bodywork, front-axle steering, rear wheel drive, 6 cylinder straight engine with moving pistons and spinning radiator fan, detailed driver’s cab with opening doors, adjustable seats, steering wheel, dashboard, sun visors and a bunk bed, and adjustable wing mirrors.
- Also features a detachable trailer with extendable outriggers, landing legs, synchronized crane arms and a container with lockable doors.
- Includes special decorated elements and manufacturer´s logo, plus an iconic Mack® bulldog hood ornament and a collection of authentic stickers.
- Check out the authentic gray, black, white and green color scheme.
- Steer the truck into position, lower the landing legs, extend the outriggers and operate the synchronized crane arms to side-load the container onto the trailer.
- Lift the hood to reveal a detailed 6 cylinder straight engine with moving pistons and spinning radiator fan.
- Open the side panels to access the fuel tanks.
- This LEGO® Technic advanced building set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 2,590 pieces and is suitable for ages 11-16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a replica of the iconic Mack LR garbage truck.
- Building instructions for the Mack LR garbage truck are available at LEGO.com/technic.
- Mack Anthem truck and trailer with crane boom and landing legs extended measures over 10” (27cm) high, 32” (83cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide, and over 8” (22cm) high and 5” (15cm) wide with the crane boom and landing legs retracted.
- Mack LR measures over 7” (19cm) high, 22” (58cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide with forks and container lowered, and over 12” (33cm) high with forks and container raised.
- August 16th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great setI would recommend this to a friend!This was an awesome set to build. It took me a while to build as a piece was broken so I had to wait about 2 weeks for it to arrive. Other than that it was an amazing build. It was especially useful that the bags were numbered to. Let’s start of by talking about the cab. I found it very interesting how the steering wheel mooves when you turn the wheels. A feature I have not seen before. The bed - although you can’t really see it - is a nice little feature that adds some detail. The detail is amazing inside the cab. It’s has great mechanical workings inside the cab. The trailer is amazing, the lifting features are cool but it does take some time to use. The locks on the container doors are pretty interesting. The legs to keep it stable is a nice added feature. Overall this is a great set and I’d recommend it to people who enjoy building LEGO.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 20 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- February 24th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Mack Anthem 42078Elwood |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfJust building Legos as a hobby this was one of my first Technic sets i have built i think its very detailed on the truck part, I’m a fan of simi trucks this one looks great and is fun to build a little high priced but over all it's worth it would recommend to truck fans. I am now on my third set it was that much fun to build. The only recommendation i have to Lego is for there next set is to have the truck full R.C. with a light set that would be stunning.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 30+ daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- April 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I love the steering wheelI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEveryone who has seen this has taken it off the shelf and played with it, it looks outstanding! The hardest part of the build is the fourth set of bags, I spent about four and a half hours on it. My favorite part of this is thae way the steering wheel tilts and turns as the steering on the rear of the truck is turned. The hood tilts up showing the engine which is not the usual V engine, it is a nice look. My only real complaints are that the antennae on the doors come off easily as does the front of the truck. I can't let most people play with it as they are not going to be careful with it. Also the cranes have a problem lifting the cargo container, maybe I am not doing it right, but the cargo box with the chains almost tips the truck over when taking the container off of the truck. As stated before it looks amazing, the features are cool. The steering and the engine are a welcome change. Whoever designed this it looks great and the steering is cool to play with. The engine is nice to look at. The outriggers and winches are not ideal for me. All in all, I love this for display.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- November 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Twice of funI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGreat Lego Technic Set, moreover you obtain twice of fun.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 14 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem