Vestas Wind TurbineVestas Wind Turbine4.3143535.
Celebrate green energy innovation with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10268 Vestas Wind Turbine. Developed in partnership with Vestas, this detailed, motorized LEGO model captures the elegance and graceful movement of a traditional wind turbine and features a new-for-January 2019 spruce tree, manufactured from sustainably sourced plant-based plastic. At approximately 39” (1m) high, the structure towers above a wooded hill and a house with furnished patio, mailbox, flowers and a white picket fence. Turn the nacelle left or right and switch on the included Power Functions motor to rotate the adjustable wind turbine blades and illuminate the cottage’s porch light. This collectible model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and makes a great display piece for the home or office. This big LEGO set also includes a Vestas service vehicle and 3 minifigures: 2 Vestas service technicians kitted out with safety helmets and a woman, plus a dog figure.
- Includes 3 minifigures: a woman and 2 Vestas service technicians with v-printed torsos, plus a dog figure.
- Includes a LEGO® Power Functions medium motor, battery box and 2 new-for-January-2018 19.6” (50cm) extension wires.
- This LEGO® Creator Expert Vestas Wind Turbine set also features adjustable wind turbine blades, detailed tower, movable nacelle with aircraft warning lights, Vestas service vehicle, trees, greenery and a house with garden, flowers, picket fence and a patio with 2 chairs, table and a parasol.
- Turn the nacelle left or right and switch on the included Power Functions motor to activate the adjustable wind turbine blades and working porch light.
- Celebrate renewable energy technology with this buildable science toy.
- Open the service vehicle doors and slide out the retractable tool compartment.
- Includes a new-for-January-2019 spruce tree; manufactured from sustainably sourced plant-based plastic.
- Accessory elements include 2 safety helmets, tools and 2 envelopes.
- This set includes over 800 pieces and is suitable for ages 12+.
- Measures approximately 39” (100 cm) high, 24” (62cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep.
- Free standard 5 to 7 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 3 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Waited Months and not DissapointedxTacticalPilotx | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI waited a couple months for this set since I loved the old wind turbine transport set I have. I bought this immediately a bit after midnight and got it the next day. All I can say is wow. I love the set and the wind turbine moves so gracefully. I am so so happy lego decided to do a public release of the older Vestas Wind Turbine because it goes for a lot of money. The only negative was that the bags were not numbered in my set so it took a bit more time to complete. Other than that I highly recommend it and I am very happy that the power functions were included with the set. If you are thinking about buying it, but are on the fence, I say go for it. This is one of those sets where if you think you will like it, you will.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Vestas Wind Turbine
- in about 2 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Finally!Spalmer | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son is a massive Lego fan and also completely obsessed with wind turbines (especially Vestas) We knew this set was released to Vestas employees years ago but we never held out hope of getting one. I knew as soon as I saw this was getting released, he had to have it for Christmas. He LOVES it, he has autism and doesn't play very well using his imagination, but with this he is being so inventive and imaginative. It really is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone who likes Lego, wind turbines or stuff that spins!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Vestas Wind Turbine
- in 2 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0I'm a Big FanMasterBuilder84 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was very happy to see this set released to the general public, especially when seeing how much the original employee model was fetching on action sites. Buyers: Take Lego's dimensions seriously; this set will need a bit of space, especially if you want to spin the blades. The additional bits of information in the instruction manual were a nice touch - especially the comparison to the Elizabeth Tower ("Big Ben"), which this model does closely match, at least height-wise, with the Lego model. Good thinking including the clutch gear in the driveline to protect the motor. The wires between the house and the tower are nicely hidden in Lego "conduit" and under the furniture in the house. The hill hides the battery pack nicely, while providing fairly easy access when the batteries need to be replaced and a little surplus hidden storage. The switch design does somewhat limit where the model can be displayed. The working porch lights are a nice touch; I do wish the aircraft lights would light up as well. I was very happy to see all bricks were printed; no stickers to apply/have curl-off later! As others have eluded to, yes, bag numbers would have been nice, but I remember many of the early days when none of the bags were numbered. Yes, it'll take up a bit more space when assembling, but not a big deal. Not much different than dumping out your collection of bricks on the bedroom floor as a kid to begin your build. My only complaint is I wish the instruction manual was a little clearer when it comes to what end of the wires go where (inside the tower). In printed form, the black and gray colors look fairly similar in the right light. Also, it would have been nice to have a note as to how to tuck the wires inside the nacelle unit. Step 104 shows the wire hanging out; 105-110 you build one of the sides of the nacelle; then step 111 shows said side attached and the wires are no longer visible. Suggestions to Lego: Please find some way to make your motors a bit quieter. I get these are meant to be toys, but then again, I've heard many other toys with quieter motors. Six AA batteries for something you're trying to show your environmental consciousness effort? Please consider developing a solar panel that you can plug in for power. Also, the text in your product description is a little misleading. Some will interpret the statement "the adjustable wind turbine blades" to mean that the blade angle can be adjusted (which real wind turbine blades do to increase or decrease their rotating speed). This is not the case with this model. The blades are at a fixed angle but are free to spin. All-in-all, a nice addition to the Creator series!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Vestas Wind Turbine
- in 3 daysAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice Addition To CollectionKIJohn | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!I would have preferred skipping the vehicle and the other miscellaneous items like the chairs and umbrella. The power functions are a good idea but something I won't use. Didn't put batteries in because I didn't want to forget them and have them corrode. Price seems high and it was a quick build. After all of my seemingly negative comments, this thing is huge and that is a positive.Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Vestas Wind Turbine