Celebrate iconic design with this charming double-decker London Bus, featuring a wealth of authentic details, including a bright-red color scheme, panoramic windshield, specially made standard-tread tires, destination sign, and an open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the upper sightseeing deck. Functions include an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with a sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior with worn look seating and additional authentic details, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum. Reversible transit advertising posters are also provided as printed labels with a 1950s or present-day London promotion. This LEGO® Creator Expert model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
- The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign. It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.
- Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
- Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
- Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
- Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
- Lift the hood to access the engine.
- Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
- This model includes more than 1,680 pieces.
- This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO® Creator Expert vehicle series.
- Measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- June 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Brilliant Lockdown ProjectDrPaul | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMy recent experience of Lego has been helping my granddaughter to build her Lego Friends sets, so this London Bus was something very different for me – a ‘lockdown’ project inspired by a schoolfriend sharing his project! It was a very enjoyable build and the completed model looks even better ‘in the bricks’ than ‘in the pics’ – in particular the tiles on the sides look very heavy on the box and instruction booklet yet are fine on the model. There are many lovely details, the engine, staircase, ticket box, fire extinguisher, and seats. I made my own destination labels for the route that passed my school. I made a couple of minor changes: • I took out the 1x1x3 pillar from the front of the driver’s door and replaced it with a spare 1x1 flat tile – makes the cab look better. • Also replaced the three transparent bricks below the windscreen with red 1x1, 1x1 with knob, and 1x4 bricks – and used the spare clear round brick to make an offside side lamp to match the one on the nearside (I took the 1x1 with knob from stage 45 and replaced it with a plain 1x1). I also built it with the shorter window as the last on the lower deck, and in the corresponding position upstairs, with a slight rearrangement of the bricks and plates above and below – it looks better balanced. As others have said, it would be nice to have at least driver and conductor figures. The only real disappointment is the front of the upper deck, the corners look a mess and the screen (with that awful sticky label) slopes too much – it really needs special bricks for the top corners to merge the front and side roof curves properly. I am now investigating the extra parts needed to extend the whole model by 2 studs to eliminate the short window altogether – downstairs the seats over the rear wheels would be for four as on the real thing, upstairs the seats could be moved back 1 stud to eliminate the awkward ’1½’ seats at the front, and the rearmost seat moved forward 1 stud with a proper seat rather than the bench. Anyway it’s got me being creative!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- July 27th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent build with amazing detailskhukhas | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI am a Technic guy, but this set gave me lost of pleasure in building it. There are some building techniques that I didn't know, and the level of detail of this iconic but is hudge.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- January 6th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another fun Creator Expert set!Smoov | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAfter visiting London a couple years ago, this set kept calling me, and I finally decided to pick it up. I'm glad I did; it's a pretty nice set. I'd definitely prefer moving away from stickers to printed specialty parts for multiple reasons - and this set is fairly heavy with the use of stickers - but they are good quality and look nice when applied properly. I just don't like that messing up a sticker can take away from the final product... Not a big deal to me stopping to take a couple extra minutes- but a potential serious issue for younger builders and even adults with even the slightest dexterity or vision issues, etc.Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- July 21st, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Big, red bus. nice for collectorssinan | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfwell detailed, good size double decker bus. bunch of nice parts on that price.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45London Bus