Item 1 of 10
Item 1 of 10
Fire Helicopter ResponseCity
Your Creator 3in1 gift with purchases over 170 €*Learn more
An awesome building set for kids who love action toys, this LEGO® City Fire Helicopter Response (60248) set features a ripcord helicopter that really flies, plus a response ATV and a fire setting. Kids can enjoy role-play fun with 3 minifigures, including a worker with a cool welding mask, a firefighter helicopter pilot and LEGO City TV hero fire chief Freya McCloud. Cool building toy for kids If you're looking for an ideal Christmas, birthday or any-other-day gift for kids who love action toys, look no further. With easy-to-follow building instructions, even budding LEGO builders can dive straight into an immersive and independent build-and-play experience, role-playing fun characters and launching the new-for-January-2020 ripcord police helicopter into the air! LEGO City fire sets LEGO City fire playsets come with a wide range of feature-rich buildings, realistic vehicles and fun characters that take kids to a world where creativity and imagination can thrive.
- Gift your everyday hero the high-action excitement of LEGO® City with this Fire Helicopter Response (60248) playset, featuring a ripcord helicopter toy, ATV and much more. The play starts the moment kids open the box.
- Action-packed fun awaits, with a cool flying ripcord helicopter, rescue ATV and a burning pipe, plus 3 minifigures, including an ace firefighter pilot, accident-prone worker and LEGO® City TV fire chief Freya McCloud.
- Kids can launch the new-for-January-2020 ripcord helicopter toy, with pilot minifigure, into the air and play out LEGO® City TV scenes with fire chief Freya McCloud. This set is compatible with all original LEGO sets.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5 to 8 years? This firefighter playset makes a great gift for LEGO® City fans and kids who love action-packed role play. Requires only very basic building skills.
- When built, the toy ripcord helicopter measures over 2" (6cm) high, 7" (19cm) long and 4" (12cm) wide, while the ATV measures over 1" (4cm) high, 3" (8cm) long and 1" (4cm) wide.
- There’s no need for batteries! This LEGO® toy is powered by a ripcord and by kids’ imaginations. So simply open the LEGO brick bags and the firefighting action can begin right away!
- It's easy to get started with building this LEGO® City construction toy. It comes with a simple building guide that helps new LEGO builders enjoy the benefits of independently creating the models.
- LEGO® City fire sets nurture imaginative role play and open-endedadventures in settings that resemble real life, with detailed buildings, cool vehicles and fun characters that kids just love.
- Have you wondered how LEGO® bricks continue to connect and pull apart easily time after time? It’s because every LEGO City playset is developed to meet the highest industry standards and our strict quality criteria.
- Every LEGO® piece is rigorously tested to make sure it meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
20% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- August 2nd, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Disappointing setPurchased for: SelfI am a huge Lego fan and saw this set in the shops and thought it might be a fun set to build. It was not, it was boring. It felt like a 4+ set not a Lego City set. It took me ten minutes to build. The helicopter doesn’t ‘fly’. It just drops. We tried many times and it didn’t stay in the air at all or ‘fly’. The details on the box say ‘flying helicopter’ but clearly not, which is disappointing. Also on the picture on the box of Freya Mcloud (one of the figures), this shows her with a coffee mug with a picture of a marshmallow on it but that didn’t come with the set. Again disappointing. Don’t waste money on this set. Much better ones out there for similar price.Play Experience2.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Fire Helicopter Response
- January 3rd, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Very DisappointedJoesph |Purchased for: SelfThis build was very disappointing. I expected that the helicopter was going to be a very simple build (only 4 pieces) but I had high hopes that it would be an interesting piece because of the flying aspect. However, the build does not fly well at all. After pulling the cord with considerable force the helicopter barely comes off the launcher and simply drifts/falls to the floor. What you are left with is a helicopter that doesnt feel like a lego build that doesnt work. Best part of this set is the minifigs. The ATV is a pretty standard variation of the Fire/Police ATV. Overall uninteresting, non-functional and would skip. Very disappointed lego!28 February 2020Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we've passed it along to our design team.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money1.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Fire Helicopter Response
- February 10th, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Flight with turbulencePurchased for: SonThe positive sides were: the welder (it's our first blowtorch!), Freya McCloud (I really liked the personalization that was done with LEGO city in 2020; some of the minifigs finally have names), the firefighter colored helicopter handle, the emergency motorized vehicle (the biggest of its kind we've ever built and my son likes it) and I learned how to build a pipe with several pieces. As in many homes, the flight of our helicopter is unpredictable :) The weather conditions are however stable, the pilot always has the OK from the control tower to fly away, but sometimes he doesn't fly away or he doesn't go very far. I tried to understand the why in order to see how I could make it fly for sure. I noticed that it is lighter than a Junior model because all its parts are not built with conventional brick. When you make it lighter, it flies better. The helicopter and the propeller weigh 24 grams, the minifig and the cabin window weigh 14 grams. Our best flights are without the minifig and the glass. The flights that are a little less amazing are the ones with the glass, but without the minifig. Another reason that can explain the difficulty of the flights is the take-off; the helicopter has to lift itself from the handle to fly (15 mm), if it doesn't gain enough height the helicopter will stay in your hands. In order to do this, you should not be afraid to pull the plastic "cable". As my son is 3 years old, he still doesn't have the strength to pull and facilitate the takeoff. This doesn't prevent him from enjoying the propellers turning while he steers the helicopter with the handle. In the end, maybe the set would have been better appreciated if it had had a gear mechanism that would have turned the propeller without making it fly; the handle would have had a crank that would have helped to turn the propellers.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money2.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Fire Helicopter Response
- January 23rd, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Terrible Set! Helicopter that doesn't fly?!?!?Purchased for: SelfThis set was extremely disappointing. I am currently collecting most, if not all, fire related sets in order to build an awesome fire station in my LEGO city, and in doing so I like to add cool items like this that can be taken out of the city for demonstration. However, this set is a complete let down. It's a basic set and that is understandable, however, this rip cord helicopter does not fly. When pulled with a great amount of force, the only thing it does is spin up about 1/2 inch and then spin around (with no stability) into the ground. I've purchased a lot of LEGO sets and this is by far the worst. Don't buy this for anyone because it will be a let down.
Response from LEGO SHOP28 February 2020Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review! We're sorry you were disappointed in the set, but we always appreciate the chance to learn how we can approve. We've passed your feedback along to our design team.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money1.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Fire Helicopter Response
Shop more like this: