Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
- Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
- Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
- Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
- Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
- Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
- This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
- Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
- June 19th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun to build. A++++I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was definitely my favourite of the Creator Expert Sets. It is extremely detailed, it has almost no repetition, and it is just the right price. I especially loved the little characters that were used as statues. It added that realistic touch to it. This was so much fun to build.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 7 hrs 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Big Ben
- June 21st, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Definitely Worth BuyingI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set looks fantastic. It's large and incredibly detailed. The back side of the Houses of Parliament doesn't look as good as the front, but it doesn't matter all that much if you have it against a wall. The price is great for such a large set.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 9 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Big Ben
- June 27th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0"Hey look kids, there's Big Ben!"I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfExcellent display piece; worth every penny! The repetition and plethora of smaller pieces will test your patience (and those of us with larger fingers), but it's worth it in the end. Nice solid construction. We loved the historical photos and informational snippets scattered about the instruction book. As others have mentioned, the clock movement could be a bit smoother, but I don't see moving the hands very often. Not a huge fan of the fluorescent green "grass" base plates. ATTN LEGO: Add-on/extras ideas for this set: Internal illumination and/or way to light the lantern near the top; Real clock inserts; Clock speaker that would chime out the hoursLevel of Difficulty5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Big Ben
- August 13th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Exquisite DetailI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis model achieves a high level of architectural detail by using a large number of small pieces, many of them used in very creative ways. The build is excellent and challenging, you have to pay attention. The person who designed this model really knew what he or she was doing. There is a lot of repetition, but I did not find that a problem because the end result is so rewarding. So rewarding in fact, that I built a second model in mirror reverse, left to right, and truncating the Elizabeth Tower to create a Parliament Buildings complex. Adding a base to the models created a more massive appearance. We can only hope that this model signifies a new Lego program to produce additional classical European style architectural structures. Westminster Abby maybe?Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 7 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Big Ben