Bring your LEGO® creations to life with the new LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox—a fun and easy way for your 7+ builder to learn the basics of coding, engineering and robotics. Simply choose one of the 5 models available with the BOOST set, download the free, easy-to-use app and you’re ready to go! Choose between Vernie the Robot—a moving, talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive robot pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Then bring your creation to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. With LEGO BOOST, children learn about loops and variables, improve STEM and creative-problem solving skills and develop their imagination as they toggle between guided and open-ended play. The more activities you complete, the more coding blocks you unlock! The LEGO BOOST app is available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices. The app offers regular updates with new challenges and coding options designed to encourage social play.
- Includes a LEGO® Motorized Hub, additional Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor, plus more than 840 LEGO pieces for building and rebuilding any of 5 multifunctional models.
- Code Vernie the Robot to dance, shoot the target, beatbox, use his hockey stick or even play a game.
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and choose from a selection of tools and customization attachments to complete missions or battle against other rovers.
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food, or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
- Build and code robots and models, and complete over 60 exciting activities included in the LEGO® BOOST App. Building instructions for all 5 models are only available with the free LEGO BOOST app, available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. The app offers regular updates that include new challenges and coding options, and encourages social play.
- Real coding transformed into an intuitive and easy to use drag-and-drop coding interface, suitable for all aged 7+. Learn about loops and variables, and develop your STEM skills, creative-problem solving and imagination by toggling between guided and open-ended play.
- Step-by-step challenges suitable for starting levels that help you progress and increase your coding skills.
- Combine with the LEGO® City 60194 Arctic Scout Truck to control and drive the vehicle! Use the LEGO BOOST app to operate the forklift, examine samples with the color sensor, help the whale back into the water and much more, for an interactive experience like never before!
- Combine with LEGO® NINJAGO® 70652 Stormbringer and set the Lightning Dragon free! Use the LEGO BOOST app to control the fearsome beast, fire the shooters, create a color-sensing ejector seat and much more!
- This product requires batteries (not included).
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 4 to 6 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 27th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Simply the bestLangers | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI bought this set for my 6 year old son for Christmas. We're both avid fans of Lego and I thought it would be nice for us to build this together over the festive period. I made sure we were prepared and had the app downloaded and batteries ready before we started building. He took one look at the first page of the instructions and said, 'I think I can do this on my own Dad', after that, over a period of about 4.5 hours, he would burst into the living room and announce the new features and what bag number he was on. He finished up building Vernie and then started to build all the thoughtful little accessories and announce the next step in his journey on programming. Quite simply this is one of the best sets I have ever seen. The attention to detail and the method by which it teaches coding is fantastic. If it can hold the attention of, and teach, a 6 year old boy then it's worth every penny. While I agree with the comment about it being nice to include a tray or other storage device I disagree with the bag numbers. There are 5 different toys to build here and no knowing who will build what. I look forward to watching my son learn and grow with this set and also to buying him the dearer Mindstorm set once he's a little more experienced with coding. Thank you Lego, an absolutely smashing set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox
- July 30th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The kids love itWWalter | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterI will make this one short, but I brought this set out this week and the kids (ages 5 & 6.75) love it. They are very into Lego, with many large sets / theme collections, and they have played with this one more in the past few days than any of the others. The app that you download is set up with interactive instructions that walk you thought the build(s) with unlocking activities that introduce you to the various commands available in the application. The programming techniques are primarily accessed though simple drag and drop commands that can be sequenced, and/or run in parallel. There are several execute types, with looping commands, movements, audio prompts, voice recording, pre-recorded audio clips, optical prompts, and movement sensors. Almost all commands have user variables that can be easily set through numeric entry or graphic selection. But still the overall programming structure remains simple. In addition, the user has ability to develop scripts and save them to different tool boxes. Really impressed with the app, and the multiple configurations available through the integration of the Lego System platform. Again my children love it, and it has kept them entertained and engrossed more (so far) than any other Lego set they have. (It mixes best of both worlds for them, tablet and Lego).Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox
- July 29th, 2017Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good entertainment, not great educationrolyjones | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe big failing with the EV3 robotics system is that after building a model it just gives you the program to run it. It does not really teach you how to code the program to run the model, or what different coading options are available or appropriate. Lego Boost does not have this failing. There is a large number of coading exercises and options that are given at various points throughout the build of each of the 5 models provided. However, it does have some significant disadvantages compared with EV3. Despite what it says on the box, it is not going to help your child to learn to code. There are no variables, conditional looping, and only very limited switching in the scratch-like code. As a result, programming is limited to executing strings of commands. There are some built in functions that allow the robot to react to its environment, but these cannot be coaded using the standard instructions. Your child will learn how to put together stings of instructions, but will not learn any real coading. The builds are rather complex. As they mostly use the standard lego stud bricks, rather than the lego technic bricks there are a lot of complex, specialized pieces in the set. The build instructions are very systematic and clear, so there should not be problems with the standard builds, but the complexity of the peices will make it difficult for your child to build their own designs. One other shortcoming is that the software is quite buggy. At many points, I had to shut down the software, and restart it, and restart the robot to get the example programs to work. Lego’s software QA has never been great, but I hope that things will improve as there are newer releases of the software. Also, be aware that the software will only run on specific iOS and android tablets. There is no PC based software, which is very frustrating. I have to steal my wife’s iPad to run the software. Make sure that you have the right hardware before you purchase. The educational We-Do set suffers from similar building and coading issues. If your child has been using a we-do set in class, this Boost set compliments We-Do well, so is a good option if they want to continue their learning at home. The set is well thought out and very entertaining, but it will not teach them anything significant about coading or robotics. For this you will have to step up to an EV3 set. The Boost Crative Toolbox set is a very entertaining set, but is not great for education.7 August 2017Jordan - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesThank you for the thorough review as it helps set expectations for future buyers. LEGO Boost is designed with our youngest builders in mind and will most likely be their first leap into coding. As we have all seen with LEGO MINDSTORMS, our fan and adult communities are very skilled and we are very excited to see how they will be using LEGO Boost to enhance their own LEGO creations. The app even has a section to help inspire free building. If you scroll to the far right, there is a window with a portal. In this portal, you will be able to build a vehicle base or animal base to help jumpstart your own creations. We understand that it is frustrating to spend time rebooting when you want to be building and coding. Our developers have been monitoring all of the crash logs and have numerous updates planned to correct errors and glitches that occur. The first release will be this week correcting a number of crash bugs, which will enhance your experience. Again, thank you for the feedback and hope that you notice significantly less glitches in the very near future.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35BOOST Creative Toolbox
- October 19th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome! If it got lost I'd buy it again tomorrowBuffaloCab | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!FIRST THINGS FIRST. Check your tablet compatibility (Right now Lego has the link to that page right above the "add to bag" button on this product). We have a 4 year old Android tablet that works great, but I was careful to make sure it would be compatible before I purchased this. It is compatible and it certainly isn't the newest tablet out there, not even close. I can't even get a case for anymore it is that old. Now that I've used this and in hind sight knowing what I know now I would of bought a new tablet if I didn't have one just so we could use this toy. Okay so I bought this for my kids. When indoors my 6 year old plays almost exclusively with his Lego, and my 5 year old is about 50/50 Lego and other toys. This has been an amazing set for them. The 6 year old loves to do it with me, but CAN do it with a minimal amount of help. The 5 year old can do it mostly by himself we me near by to help him now and then. The thing that initially prompted us to buy this is our kid's interest in robots, spurred on by the movies Astro Boy, Wall-E, and especially Big Hero 6. First, the progression is very logical. The app takes you through a simple build step by step which introduces you (your child) to the three robotic controls and how to use the program. It's just super simple and awesome and you'll be making it do things within 20 minutes of opening the box and downloading the app. Second, during the play with the initial intro toy, we had a technical issue to do with the app and the MOVE brick (that's the big part with the batteries and Bluetooth sensor). Okay well instead of turning to the internet I called Lego's support. I was on hold for less than 5 minutes, which was worth the wait because whoever I talked to was the most helpful person in the world and was able to help me resolve my (very unique and rarely occurring but acknowledged nonetheless) technical issue. Tremendous! 30 minutes after the problem became apparent it was resolved, I was off the phone, and play had resumed. Third, THE BAGS ARE IN ORDER. Either Lego fixed this OR people were building different items as their initial build; obviously all 5 potential builds can't be in bag order at the same time. You can choose to build any of 5 robots when you first get the kit. We built the robot "Vernie" first, and the bag contents were in perfect order 2 through 11 (1 contains the parts for the initial introductory robot). 100% would buy again. I HAD TO write a review when I saw that this wasn't 5 stars overall on the Lego website, because people with an ax to grind may be deterring people from buying this who would otherwise get a ton of enjoyment playing with it (or playing with their kids). Yes I admit I also play with it a tiny bit when my kids can't. If you buy this do yourself a favour and go to Walmart and get the biggest pack of their house-brand of AAA batteries. It would be a welcome change if they had used AA batteries which are much cheaper and last longer, but otherwise a great toy. With 6AAA batteries we get about 1.5-2 hours of solid play. I have to say I was also really impressed with the capabilities, especially the optical sensor which is just great. Know that the sound features use the tablet speaker. This has been great for us as the volume is easy to adjust and you can have whatever quality sound you are used to from your tablet. Sound from the robot would of been a welcome feature as well but I don't think that the sound from the tablet takes away from the experience whatsoever. In fact my opinion is that it re-enforces the roles of the computer as the 'brain' in the programming experience. Finally, do yourself a favour and get a couple cheap sorting trays to store the parts in for when you inevitably take apart one build and put together another. We did and it has worked great! Good luck and I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox