Children can plan their own LEGO® Monkie Kid™ rescue missions with The Flaming Foundry (80016) toy playset. This model of the Demon Bull King’s lair can be moved on the wheels of the detachable dump truck. It has a workshop, armory, prison, control room, and such play-inspiring features as a glowing furnace with a LEGO light brick, robotic arms and a rapid shooter. There are also 7 minifigures, including Monkie Kid, Mei, Princess Iron Fan and Red Son, with weapons for role-play battles.
An exciting gift idea for kids, this unique LEGO toy playset comes with clear instructions. Add to youngsters’ fun with Instructions PLUS in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, which lets them zoom in on and rotate the model while building it.
Build and learn
Inspired by Monkey King tales from the classic Journey to the West novel and rooted in China's culture and values, LEGO Monkie Kid toy building sets help to nurture youngsters' bravery and resilience through creativeplay.
- Youngsters can role-play as heroes or villains with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy playset (80016), featuring a detailed model of The Flaming Foundry, mobile hideout of the Demon Bull King and his Bull Clones.
- Includes a brick-built Demon Bull King figure and 7 minifigures – Monkie Kid, Mei, Princess Iron Fan, Red Son, Roar, Growl and Uncle Zhang – with cool weapons to inspire many playtime action-adventures.
- The foundry model can move on the wheels of a detachable toy dump truck and features a workshop, glowing furnace, armory, prison, crane, robotic arms, adjustable turrets and 6-stud rapid shooter for creative play.
- This collectible, 1,427-piece LEGO® building toy makes a brilliant birthday, surprise or holiday gift for kids aged 9+. Hours of immersive, creative fun are guaranteed, whether building and playing solo or with friends.
- Measuring 9.5” (24.1cm) high, 12.6” (32cm) wide and 12.8” (32.5cm) deep when closed, the foldout Flaming Foundry makes a striking display piece and combines brilliantly with other LEGO® Monkie Kid™ sets.
- The furnace in this unique toy playset has a LEGO® light brick (2 LR41 button cell batteries included) and a holder for The Golden Staff. Kids can make the staff glow simply by pressing down on it.
- Enhance children's building experience with intuitive Instructions PLUS, available in the free LEGO® Building Instructions app, which allows them to zoom into, rotate and visualize this unique toy while they build.
- Collectible LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy building sets are inspired by China’s legend of the Monkey King and help children to develop their creativity, bravery and resilience while enjoying hours of fun.
- No need for Monkie Kid powers to connect or pull apart LEGO® building bricks! They meet the highest industry standards, ensuring a perfect, easy connection every time and consistently robust builds.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed in almost every way imaginable, so you can be sure that this kids’ building set meets the highest safety and quality standards.
- January 2nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The flaming foundry: a near perfect setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is amazing! Very fair price for what is included. Absolutely everything is perfect, except the figures. Here’s the thing, the figures that are included are perfect in every way. However I feel that there aren’t enough. If there was 1 more bull clone and general ironclad it would be the best lego set I have ever purchased, hands down.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 8 hrs 45 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55The Flaming Foundry
- January 5th, 2021Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Why Lego? Why?Torinn |Purchased for: SonThis set is horrible. I would apologize for being so critical in most situations but not this one. My main problems with the set: 1. 7 figures for $140. That's just wrong Lego a set like this should have at least 9. And not even good figures almost half of them have no leg printing. not one of them have arm printing. if your going to rip me off in this way with only 7 mini figures then at least let them be good mini figures. 2. Very, Very, low stability I am a long time lego builder and I rarely encounter a set with this low stability. my son tried to move it no more than 5 feet and splits down the middle and breaks. Don't you have better designers to work on this? it feels tossed together with very little work put in on your part. 3. it took me and my son 6 wholes days to build this just because of how unstable and flawed it is. it took me 3 days to build Diagon alley, 4 for the death star, 5 for ninjago city all those sets are much bigger and supposed to be more challenging. Nope. this set was designed so poorly it would beat them all in difficulty. 4. playability I didn't buy this to play with it I bought it to build with my son. after 6 days of putting it together often getting extremely frustrated in the process he played with it for no more than 20 minutes and broke down into tears about not wanting it and wanting to return it to instead get and I quote "anything but this" this is coming from a child who I never have heard him say that ever before. 5. missing pieces this I don't blame on the designers. mistakes happen which I understand but really missing 2 pieces in the same bag? I ordered replacements online (not from lego.com) I warn you all you should not buy this set get the Hogwarts's great hall, Razor crest, or something else but skip this set and the rest of the theme along with it I don't have enough time to write horrible reviews for all the monkie kid sets I have (Only 2 others fortunately) but have been disappointed with both skip this set if you don't want to spend $140 on a piece of plastic that will never be used and is a horrible building experience.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty5.0Value for Money1.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15The Flaming Foundry
- November 20th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Just okI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt’s not a bad set I just wish there was more interior and more minifigures. But it’s still a ok setPlay Experience2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45The Flaming Foundry
- February 24th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A Fortress with Presence and Room for PlayDrustan |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfTLDR: Large mobile base with tons of space for minifigures and some great play features but suffers from symmetric build and limited color palette. For Build: A lot goes into making the base sturdy and much of the build is repetitive with its symmetry. The most fun I had was building the lava accents around the light brick as well as the miniature Demon Bull King. In Play: Mobile bases have a certain appeal and bring a lot of play value, otherwise I doubt LEGO would keep making them. There is a lot of space to place figures and acts well as a mobile command center. The stud shooters are what they are, but having lots of defenses is important for a base like this! The dump truck is very similar stylistically to the Iron Bull Tank, but works as the engine for this beast of a base. On Display: This set definitely looks best from the front, with the menacing bull-faced dump track and wheels locked together. However, from most other angles it can appear like a big, dark, square without much visual appeal. The flame additions and pink flags help, but the color accents are few and far between. Such commitment to a color scheme works well for the Iron Bull Tank but does not work as well when scaled up to this level. Also, the square footprint is rather large and harder to fit on shelves.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45The Flaming Foundry