Explorers in the making can set sail for adventure and excitement on the big blue sea with the 745-piece LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Ship. This mighty boat actually floats on water to take kids on a thrilling voyage into the deep. A working toy crane lowers the shark cage and research submarine below the waves, where divers may find a treasure-filled pirate shipwreck. Curious ocean explorers can also discover a majestic shark and gliding stingray on their quest.
This is the biggest boat we've ever created and there's so much to explore! Sailors can take to the skies in the mini helicopter or make daring rescues from the toy lifeboat if a storm hits! Back on board, they have research and sleeping quarters to explore with LEGO City TV character Harl Hubbs and seven other cool figures. This construction set has an interactive building guide on Instructions PLUS, part of the free LEGO Building Instructions app, with zoom and rotate viewing tools to help beginners become master builders.
The LEGO Group is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, helping to create a better world for all of us. Ocean playsets immerse kids in the fascinating world of undersea exploration through realistic vehicles, inspiring characters and authentic settings.
- Suitable for ages 7+
- 745-piece set
- When built, the ship measures 18cm (7.1"") high, 63cm (24.8"") long and 17cm (6.7"") wide. The shipwreck measures 16cm (6.3"") high, 13cm (5.1"") long and 8cm (3.1"") wide
- Includes easy-to-follow printed instructions
- The LEGO Group is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers
- All LEGO® bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and easy to connect and pull apart
- We test all LEGO® bricks and pieces to make sure every set meets the highest global safety and quality standards
- October 25th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Sea LifeI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI do have a love/hate relationship with this kit. I understand that one of the big selling points of this ship is the fact that it floats. However, this means that the base comes in to complete moulded pieces which allows for the lightness and air gaps needed for it to actually function on water. Whilst I appluad this from a playability point of view, from a building point of view it felt like I was cheating somehow. That said, all the little details and extra bits and bobs really elevate this set - I really loved the shipwreck piece. The ship itself has working cranes and raising and lowering the shark cage is more fun that a 50 year old should admit to having. Throw in a detailed ships bridge and crew quarters and there are lots of options for little fingers to play with this unit on dry land or the bathtub. Not only do you get standard mini figures with this set - including some divers - but you get some pre-moulded sea creatures. The shark is nice but my favourite is the stingray. The build was fun but I would love to see a non-floating version where I can build from the hull up. Number Of Pieces: 745 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.17 Build Time: 2.5 HoursPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- October 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing!I would recommend this to a friend!This Lego Ocean Exploration Ship is amazing! First of all, it's very fun and perfect for ages 7+. This ship is very easy to assemble. The directions are very easy to follow. My 8 year old son had a lot of fun putting this together and playing with afterwards. There's so many cool details. It actually didn't take long to build, literally took an hour to do it. I really love this set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- June 13th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0If your have a bathtub at home...Icebeam |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildFun Lego to make Me and my wife try to collect ship Lego and this actually was our first one. Compared with pirate ship or other Lego ship series it was not so hard to make or detailed which could be a good thing in some ways. But there was extra little bits such as submarine and helicopters and etc which made the build for exciting. After the build me, wife and kids all went inside the bathtub and see how it was flowing. Huge sized Lego ship floats inside our tub and kids just loved it so much. Highly recommend!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 40 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- September 18th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Loved it!I would recommend this to a friend!My son loves it...like obsessed! The ship itself comes in 2 pieces, you snap together and you continue to build on top. The length is 24 in. It actually floats! We had lots of fun assembling all the additional parts. We love the variety in this box: the submarine, the diver, the helicopter, and even a shark & manta ray! I also appreciate that the crew was a good mix of men and women. The detail is incredible, with a keyboard, and even mugs used to drink for the crew. I love that the crane on top can rotate. The parts are easily removable and many compartments make it fun for much longer than expected. So much fun, even for me!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship