Enter the world of mining on a colossal scale with the massive Bucket Wheel Excavator—the largest LEGO® Technic set to date! This highly detailed 2-in-1 model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding build and play experience, and comes with an array of motorised functions, including forward and reverse driving, moving conveyor belts, working boom with revolving bucket wheel, and a rotating superstructure. You can even rebuild the model to create a Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions motor for an array of motorised functions, including forward and reverse driving, rotating bucket wheel, moving conveyor belts and rotating superstructure, plus a working bucket wheel boom.
- Also features hand-railed walkways, lights, mined-material elements and a rugged mine truck.
- Switch on the LEGO® Power Functions motor and maneuver the huge tracked structure into position.
- Activate the motorised conveyor belts and bucket wheel.
- Move the joystick to rotate the massive superstructure.
- Raise and lower the huge bucket wheel boom.
- Follow the mined material from the bucket wheel to the moving conveyor belts and all the way to the waiting mine truck!
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 3,900 pieces, making it the largest LEGO® Technic set to date.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 11-16.
- Bucket Wheel Excavator measures over 16” (41cm) high, 28” (72cm) long and 11” (29cm) wide.
- Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant with boom retracted measures over 8” (21cm) high, 34” (88cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide, and over 12” (33cm) high with boom extended.
- Mine Truck measures over 3” (10cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- November 12th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Really fun, but a fatal problemchrislzy | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt was a fun experience to build this fantastic model. But most the fun was distroyed when I turned on the switch. It was well at the beginning, but when the upper platform turn over half round, the whole platform was blocked by something. So I took apart the whole model and find that the single wheel under the platform was block by the tail of the base. I've upload some picture. the wheel is too close to the tail of the base. When all the weight turned to the rare, the upper part would be blocked Although there is a problem, but this design is amazing. I love it so much and maybe, I'll prepare to buy my second one.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 15 hrs 16 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Bucket Wheel Excavator
- January 22nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Big bang for the buckBobandDoris | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfPutting it together was great fun. Hard to get it to work.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Bucket Wheel Excavator
- October 13th, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Beast of a build! Really like the B model build!!Blasphemina | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMy OH bought the Bucket Excavator for himself, being an avid Technic fan. It took him a considerable amount of time to build, taking a few hours out each night. Like the other reviews have said, this is a beast of a machine. Sadly it does struggle with one powerpack, as it’s a hefty build, but we were expecting that having read up in advance. Everything DID work though. After realising it wasn’t going to fit on our unit with the rest of the Technic (it’s too tall), I dismantled the A model, and built the B model Aggregate Plant instead. I found it quite challenging, being a newbie to Technic, but the results were impressive. The motor functions work extremely well in this build, and it’s also a much more sturdy feeling structure. However, the one downside to the B model is all the leftover Lego. It doesn’t use around a fifth of the pieces for B model, leaving quite a pile to be stored away (or used for a custom build). But it does look great on top of the unit, and both of us got hours of fun out of it to boot!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Bucket Wheel Excavator
- September 21st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great, but could be betterShurraj | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt took me a very long while and it was also the first lego set I bought for myself. The set might look intimidating at first, and it still looks intimidating after build because of it's size. It serves as a nice piece to lay around on a bookshelf or a table because of its size. One thing to note, the motorized function isn't as great as I thought it would be. There's a failsafe mechanism to ensure the motor doesn't overwork or burn out due to one particular type of gear. This then leads to the conveyor, bucket, and the tracks not moving. Pros: Great build, Time consuming, Fun, Gigantic, Motorized Cons: Weak Motor/Motor system PS. Kinda wish there was a RC version of this that came stock instead of having need to modify, but that's all part of the fun right?Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Bucket Wheel Excavator