Celebrate iconic design with this charming double-decker London Bus, featuring a wealth of authentic details, including a bright-red color scheme, panoramic windshield, specially made standard-tread tires, destination sign, and an open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the upper sightseeing deck. Functions include an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with a sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior with worn look seating and additional authentic details, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum. Reversible transit advertising posters are also provided as printed labels with a 1950s or present-day London promotion. This LEGO® Creator Expert model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
- The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign. It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.
- Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
- Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
- Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
- Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
- Lift the hood to access the engine.
- Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
- This model includes more than 1,680 pieces.
- This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO® Creator Expert vehicle series.
- Measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Free standard 1 to 3 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 1400 Kč!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- September 5th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0More fun than I expected it would beSparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfNormally I do Technic models, but I saw it and thought it would go great with the Buckingham Palace, it is a very nicely detailed iconic double decker bus. I think it will also go well with the large Big Ben. The build was done in stages, I started Sunday night and worked on it for a bit. I then finished it on Monday morning. The build was a lot of fun, I found one step that gave me a small problem until I realized I had placed a clear stud in the wrong place for the lid to seal. There are many extra details, like the umbrella stand and the newspaper that someone left behind which are very nice touches. I only put in one of the seat patches as I decided the bus was not as heavily used as a normal one. ;-) I plan on adding some minifigs to hang out in the bus shortly. All in all, a very fun build, now I need to get Tower Bridge so I can park it nearby. And someone convince LEGO to make a larger Buckingham Palace. Then I can have a larger London set than the architecture set.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- September 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0RoutemasterValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really like vehicle models and as I work in a transport adjacent industry and have done for a number of years in different areas this kit seemed like a logical fit. It is a classic looking double decker bus that brings to mind the old Routemaster buses that not only ran in London but were prevalent in Manchester in the late 1980s that I used to get to and from Uni every day. First off, lets talk about the punny destinations - they gave the other half an I a great deal of pleasure and amusement. Brickston, Yellow Brick Road, Brickadilly Circus and Twobytwo Square. There are quite a lot of stickers in this kit and they are my nemesis. The ones for the number plates and destinations weren't too bad but I really struggled with the ones for the advertising signage on the sides. Fortunately, I can report they peel off and restick easily and of the 6 on the side signage I think I had to remount 5. There is some repetitive building - all those seats! However, it didn't get boring which I thought making 14 seats for the top deck after making around 12 for the bottom deck would have tipped me over the edge but I still enjoyed it. Helped that it became almost like piece work and I was watching a Lego Expo video and discussing it with the other half as I assembled them. Great build that is really a display piece but the wheels work and there is no reason why the mini figures wouldn't fit that you may have in your stash if you wanted to play with it. I'm happy shoving this on a display shelf so I can look at it and grin. Number Of Pieces: 1,686 Average Price Per Piece: £0.06 Build Time: 5.75 HoursPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrs 45 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- November 17th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Good to have it!DEDE | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love the cute cars Lego made, i.e., T1, Beetle, mini cooper, etc. The bus is cute and I strongly recommend it. About the London bus, I like the ticket box, the umbrella holder and the fire extinguisher near the door. I wish the ad boards on both sides of the bus would be more versatile. The second floor is a little bit boring with a bunch of seats. I am very happy to have it. So far, my most favorite is still the T1 van.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45London Bus
- September 20th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0First build and I loved it!TheLofenator | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfReally enjoyed building the London Bus set. Brought back so much nostalgia and I loved the extra details like the gum under the seat and the umbrella in the stand. It's just like the real thing. Didn't find it repetitive or boring at all. I would get so excited every time a section came together. Highly recommend giving this one a go!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus