New challenges await with the LEGO® Technic 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler. This build is based on a classic Volvo model, and it's packed full of realistic details to discover. With 2193 pieces of motoring fun, this construction vehicle playset is a terrific birthday present for kids and teens aged 11+ who are ready to hone their building skills and take their virtual play to the next level.
A printed instruction guide is included, with each step clearly illustrated to minimise trips to the mechanic. Once the build is completed, the fun continues with the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ app. With remote control via Bluetooth™, kids can open up a whole world of creative and dynamic fun, reversing, steering, changing gears and unloading the bucket. The included large angular position motor, XL motor and L motor will mean engine-loving kids will really be able to feel the power of this RC Volvo dump truck.
The free app features a personalised touch screen dashboard with authentic cockpit controls, to precisely guide the vehicle’s every move for an immersive experience. Budding construction workers can work on their future driving skills too, by completing challenges on the app. Hard hats optional!
- Suitable for builders 11+
- 2193-piece set
- This 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler measures 20cm (7.9") high, 60cm (23.6") long and 20cm (7.9") wide
- The LEGO® Technic™ CONTROL+ app is connected via Bluetooth™ and provides sophisticated control options, including automation and fun driving challenges
- Building can start without batteries, but you'll need to provide six AA 1.5V batteries to enjoy the full remote control functionality
- All LEGO® bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and easy to connect and pull apart
- We test all LEGO® bricks and pieces to make sure every set meets the highest global safety and quality standards
- October 1st, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Frustrating but rewardingI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHaving had this kit for some time a bout of COVID-19 isolation gave me the chance to build this piece of kit. I took my time putting this together and found it very rewarding but once built and I started using it with the app I found a fault with the gearing system for the tail lift. Once I started lifting I found that it had a tendency to come away from the main body, this happened numerous times and even going back to the instructions proved that I had not missed something it just kept coming off. I resolved this by adding some (6271167) to secure the gears in place. Also I would recommend putting the wheels on before fitting the main dump bedPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?456x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler
- August 4th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best Technic for a good while.Hoppo |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGot back in to Lego due to health issues and got in to Technic, I got hold of some earlier Technic models like the Unimog but was disappointed with recent sets, had the 2 Porsche’s but still slightly disappointed, so after having older Volvo plant machines got this, at last game finally raised , a few small faults but very pleased with form an d function.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?556x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler
- October 4th, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Respect Childrens integrityPurchased for: SonThis set needs to have a "smart device" to use the Technic app, without the app the set is virtually worthless. The trouble is that the Android app needs to have location activated, not only GPS but also BT and Wifi scanning for high resolution location. This results in that to be able to play with a physical Lego set one need to share information to third parties. As a parent I'm not "playing" with my children's integrity, my children is playing offline, all apps are side-loaded into a non internet connected device. As the technic app needs to be using this detail of location this set is now completely worthless to us. This is not described on the box!6 October 2020Natasha, LEGO® Customer ServiceAndroid devices require location services be switched on for Bluetooth to work properly. The app doesn't collect or save data about the user, it just needs access for the technology to work. Keeping kids safe online is a top priority for us, please check LEGO.build/DigitalChildSafety-BV for more info. :)Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?256x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler
- January 31st, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Volvo haulerI would recommend this to a friend!I enjoyed putting this together and having a background in mechanical design engineering (retired) i have enjoyed the lego technic line. I only had one problem with the set when i loaded and tried to set the controller on my ipad i found the dump control moved forward. I could not get the box to lift or lower. I took the chassie apart and had to reposition the shift cam from what was shown in the assembly manual and now everything works. I am not sure if it shifts from 1 to 2 but that is ok. I am satisfied with the kit and still give it a good rating.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?556x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler