This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes 'V' shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening 'splittie' safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder boxer engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO® features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!
- Build the classic 1962 camper van packed with authentic features!
- Includes “V” shaped color split, “splittie” safari windshield, pop-up roof, textile curtains, “boxer” engine, wing mirrors and folding furniture
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Camper Van is over 5” high and 11” long
- 1332 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old
- Free standard 2-3 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- January 21st, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Camper VanMrPaulo23 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this set 10220 late last year as a gift for myself, at the time it was backordered but the long wait was well worth it! Built it on a Saturday afternoon just as most of big builds would undertake, very fantastic set it screams 60's down to the interior everything you would expect from a VW camper van of the time period are immaculately transformed to Lego bricks, oh the rear engine too! The piece of orange fabric made to simulate the van's "sleeper" top also adds to the coolness factor, either you play it or display it this set just looks awesome, I bought because I like German vehicles like this one and the other German inspired set being my two Unimogs, thats another story. I couldn't complain that much for this set, the overall design very accurate, there's just two little and very forgivable things about this set that I will address on this review: - it's not 4WD, not really the 4WD you will expect from a Technic set as this is not, the pair of wheels are bolted by a Technic 2M connector and that limits the set's playability. I modified mine so the wheels can move independently. - The underbody is somewhat empty, this has been an issue I kind of noticed with the brick sets I have bought from Lego, very minor and be easily fixed by filling it with bricks and plates to reinforce the set's underbody structure So will I recommend it still? YES definitely! Lego did a great job in recreating the T1 Camper Van.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- September 3rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Van LifeValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis very nearly went back in the box when I opened it and found out it wasn't in numbered bags. But, I had been really looking forward to this build so I knuckled down and spent 90 minutes sorting all the pieces out. May seem like a long time but it is SO worth it when it comes to the build as everything is at your fingertips. The build itself is moderately challenging and you do need to concentrate. Perfect for a wet afternoon and I did thoroughly enjoy the build. The little details inside the van are great and not expected as I purchased this by the external look of the camper van and didn't realise it was so highly detailed. Despite being part of the Creator Expert series there is a lot of play value with the kit. It doesn't come with any mini figures but standard ones definitely fit inside - Harry and Ron went on a little holiday in mine ;) Really good value for money build. Number Of Pieces: 1,344 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06 Build Time: 6 HoursPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- July 20th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Well built like the original VW Camper VanLegoMySimpsons | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was so excited to start building this model. I opened the box and dumped all the plastic bags out on the floor to find no numbers on the bags. *GASP!* This was one of the more challenging set to build do to this factor. Hey, it is after all, EXPERT level Lego. I compose myself and began first by invading my kitchen for all the plastic Tupperware I can find and lightly sorted the bags in to the containers. I know there are people that sort by color, or size, or shape, or by similarity but let me give you a hint. These pieces are somewhat pre-sorted in it's own bags and just keeping them separately is all you need to do. After about 6hrs or so (couple of hours a day), it was finally complete. I enjoyed putting this together and the finish result was amazing. Only pet peeve I have with sets like this are the stickers. If you are reading this before making the set, please take time applying the stickers to the windows! Other than that, everything was straight forward and details were great. It looks great on my display case and can't wait for Lego to come out with more amazing vehicles. Thank you!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
- February 25th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome camper vanmiJulie | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this for my Wife Julie, she loved it so much she made her own curtains and other thing for it so now its a one of a kind, I hope you like her pictures, now she wants the mini to buildBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen T1 Camper Van