The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- December 27th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Steam Train for grandsonDebFRN |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: GrandsonOk, so we were trying to come up with something for Christmas for our 3 1/2 year old grandson. I saw this in some ad, and logged in to check it out. Decided it was way cute...shared with husband who agreed. Bought this set plus extra tracks. It was a hit! He loves trains...I have the Christmas train and he loved that. So when he got his own train, he was pleased. It is far cooler than we ever imagined. Mom and Dad were also thrilled. All in all, a hit! Quick and easy to set up. It is easy for him to handle on his own.Value for Money5.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- December 5th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome trainDuckie |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThis is an awesome set. In particular the app that allows to control the train is a lot of unexpected fun. It controls the train movement, honks, reacts to action bricks - it offers minigames that feature other parts of the set. It would be nice if the manual about the electric train was more detailed - it seems to have features. Such as one axle is motorized and the other has a motion sensor. So making the train run, it is actually easier to slightly lift the back wheels and push rather than just push. It was a little tricky to properly insert the batteries but they seem to last quite a bit. The train seems to have quite a bit of power and can pull several pieces. It would be good to have two green action bricks - then the tracks could be linear rather than a loop.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- November 25th, 2018Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Great track, poor quality trainTiny |Purchased for: SonPurchased in June for my son, we enjoyed playing with the set and he loved playing with it adding to the original set, only problem is that the train stopped working, fault on the on button, really disappointed as my son loves it.November 27, 2018Keith, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We're sorry to hear that your son's DUPLO® train stopped working! Please get in touch with the experts at LEGO.com/Service for help getting it back on track.Play Experience1.0Value for Money2.0Building Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Steam Train
- January 4th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun for my daughters!TopherK |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterBoth of my daughters (2yo & 3yo) love playing with Legos (as their daddy does). Daddy also loves playing with trains. What a perfect combination! The train is very easy to set up and play with. It is nice having the extra track so you can make more interesting track designs. Never used the app for the train because, why bother? The only thing that I wish was if there was a way to simply purchase extra train cars.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train