The lithium ion EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery is designed for use with the EV3 Intelligent Brick and features a capacity of 2050 mAh. It provides longer run time than AA batteries and can be charged without taking the model apart. The battery is included in the EV3 Education Core Set and has a charge time of around three to four hours. It requires the 45517 DC Charger, which is the same charger as used for the rechargeable NXT DC Battery. These are sold separately.
- Free standard 2 to 3 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- April 12th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0EV3 batteryRobobuilder | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA fraction on the expensive side, but in the long run worth it. There is an annoying feature in the EV3Mindstorms sets, the ease of changing batteries in built models / robots. In a lot of cases you need to dismantle part of the model to change the batteries and in some cases this can be difficult and includes unplugging sensor cables around parts. The rechargeable battery helps with this problem, but is not the whole solution because in accessing the recharge socket you can still need to pull out sensor cables or move a part to get at the battery socket. Perhaps a right angle power plug on the recharging transformer cable would help in most cases. Alternatively a short adapter cable approx 2 inches long that stays in place on the rechargeable battery, (optional feature ), that way it would be a simple matter to plug in the recharging cable from the transformer without trying to get around the robots cables and parts. Plug and socket extension cable would remain on a robot where it is difficult to access the battery recharging socket due to the robots compact and complex construction.Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?45EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- June 9th, 2014Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Expected better from LegoIgoreAbbyNormal | 35-44Purchased for: SelfReally disappointed with this purchase, for the cost I would have expected it to at least come with a power cord. Granted looking back at the description it does say it required the charging cable sold separately but really it seems a bit ridiculous to sell the battery pack without the charger. So in reality the chargeable DC battery pack costs more than what is listed. So now I'll need to order the charging cable and wait for it to arrive before I can use the battery pack. I expect better from Lego.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- November 26th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Lacks Charging CableParent31415 | 45-54Purchased for: SonThis rechargable battery pack does not ship with a charging cable of any sort. The battery pack is useless without at $32 charging cable, which is not standard. (We have just about every cable imaginable to charge batteries to phones) We purchased this for our child a year ago. It sat unused for all of this time because there was no way to charge it. We purchased a charger on Amazon for 1/5 the price.30 November 2020Manouk, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear you were disappointed with your purchase! As mentioned on the product page, the charging cord (45517 DC Charger) is sold separately. We've done this to give fans a bit more flexibility with their purchases. For example, If you want to buy multiple batteries, you'll only need one charger cord. Or if you lose your cord, you're able to replace it without having to buy a whole new battery.Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery
- February 9th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Charger Not an Issue!Grandpa1958 | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: GrandsonNo need to buy the expensive charger! I have successfully used both a 9 volt and a 12 volt power supply to recharge the battery. My research indicated that the battery pack contains an MP26123 monolithic DC-DC stepdown switching charger, so the exact voltage is not critical. Nine and twelve volt power bricks are very easy to find, and are also inexpensive. I wouldn't recommend going below 9 or above 12 volts.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55EV3 Rechargeable DC Battery