4X4 X-treme Off-Roader4X4 X-treme Off-Roader4.2162537.
Get this "Blue Fury" Hot Rod FREE with purchases over 85 €.*
Hi-tech motorized modelCool 4x4 Off-Roader, powered by an advanced smart hub with 3 motors and operated via the intuitive LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app.
Super-cool design and performanceDrive in all directions, traverse obstacles and get real-time feedback, such as speed and tilt—all via a smart device.
Rugged truck with huge wheels and chunky tires.
An educational play experience
LEGO® builders learn advanced elements of engineering.
Rugged high-rise independent suspension for rough terrain.
Challenges and achievements
Complete fun challenges to win reward badges.
Operated via the free LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app.
Perform amazing maneuvers with a touch of a fingertip.
A highly rewarding building experienceLEGO® builders are introduced to advanced elements of engineering as they construct this super-realistic LEGO Technic™ model.
Are you ready to take your LEGO® play experience to another level? The LEGO Technic™ 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader is powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 3 motors and controlled via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations with authentic sound effects. Users can choose from different control screens to drive forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake and traverse obstacles. You can also get real-time feedback, such as a speed and tilt log or test out your skills in the app’s challenges and achievement section. This sturdy 4x4 app-controlled truck comes with high-rise independent suspension, large wheels with chunky tires and a fresh color scheme with intricate sticker detailing. Its complex gear mechanisms and technologies introduce LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering, while improving reaction times, cognitive thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- This cool toy truck model is controlled via the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 2 XL motors and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader is operated via a smart device with 3 alternative screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, traverse obstacles, play sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as a speed and tilt log.
- One-touch control: Drag a direction on the screen and see the 4x4 carry out the maneuver.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock achievement badges.
- Sturdy app-controlled LEGO® truck with high-rise independent suspension, large wheels and chunky tires.
- Smart Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- Download the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This remote-controlled truck requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This buildable LEGO® Technic™ model introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering, while improving reaction times, cognitive thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Not compatible with LEGO® Power Functions systems.
- 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader measures over 7” (19cm) high, 12” (33cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide.
- Free standard 2 to 3 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- March 30th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0First Technic set and I love it.manjula | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMy wife bought me this for my birthday knowing how much I love legos. This was my first Technic set so was kind of challenging. Took me 6 hours but worth it. Final product was amazing. Played it for two days.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?554X4 X-treme Off-Roader
- June 1st, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Great model, overpriced, missing remote42099buyer | 45-54Purchased for: SelfAs a long time Lego fan I wanted to get my hands on the first model with the new Control+ technology. First of all, the model is totally overpriced. $249 is a bad joke. In Europe it's available for about EUR 160 on Amazon, so I waited for a trip to Europe to get it there. The box is small enough to fit into a full size suitcase. EUR 160 or roughly USD 180 is a fair price for this set. Building the set is fun, the axles are very robust and it's fun to put all those parts together. Taking the finished model in operation is easy. Downloading the app tool some time, the app is big! After starting the app, I pressed the green button on the Lego hub and then communication was established seamlessly. First the app did a firmware update. Ok, get used to even firmware update your Legos :( Driving the first meters was smooth. The new motors are so much better than the old ones. I'm looking forward to build many models in the future with these new motors. After a few minutes however using the app got tedious. there is no feedback on the screen, it's difficult to know where you are steering. The app is no replacement for the real remote control. I compared 42099 with it's 10 year old cousin 9398, and 9398 is much more fun to play with! Lego, please get the remote ready! If the model had a remote, I would recommend it to my friends. With the app, it's not recommendable.7 October 2019Keith, Customer ServiceHi there, thanks for your review! I'm sorry you're not a fan of the LEGO® Technic™ Control+ app. We designed the Control+ system to use an app rather than a physical remote because it allows for functionality that's not possible through traditional remote control. For example, you can enable sound effects, real-time speed and tilt information, challenges & achievements, and one-finger gesture control! If you need help using the app, please get in touch at LEGO.build/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?254X4 X-treme Off-Roader
- April 11th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lego technic 42099Sjc2016 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA great easy build, clear instructions and great new technology for this set. This one would be great for MOC's and modifying other sets.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrs 20 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?554X4 X-treme Off-Roader
- May 5th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastic 4X4!mtv1105 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a huge Technic fan, I am very pleased with this model. I had to get my hands on the new Control+ system as soon as possible and am pleasantly surprised. New planetary hubs and stronger, longer CV joint components are going to be game-changers. Modular design means the body is easily removable. Don't be concerned with the price to parts ratio. The Control+ is very robust and adds quite a bit to the play. There are achievements and badges to earn inside the app, which makes it pretty hard to put down. As much as I love the older 9398 4X4 Crawler, I was concerned this model might have some of its shortcomings. I was surprised by the increased speed of this model over the 9398 while maintaining enough torque to handle most of the obstacles I threw at it. If you are a Technic fan, I don't think you'll be disappointed.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?554X4 X-treme Off-Roader