Expand your LEGO® Star Wars collection with the Sandspeeder. This variant of the iconic Snowspeeder features some fascinating details, including desert camouflage elements, opening minifigure cockpit and button-activated spring-loaded shooters. There's also a toppling moisture vaporator, which any budding Sandspeeder pilot will love to use for target practice. This LEGO Star Wars toy includes 2 minifigures.
- Includes 2 minifigures: a Sandspeeder Pilot and a Sandspeeder Gunner.
- Sandspeeder features an opening minifigure cockpit, spring-loaded shooters and sand-colored camouflage elements.
- Also includes a moisture vaporator build with topple function.
- Weapons include 2 blaster pistols.
- Sandspeeder measures over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Vaporator measures over 5” (13cm) high, 1” (5cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- June 17th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have always loved the Snow Speeder ship, but knew that I had nowhere to display the UCS model. So when I saw this smaller model available, in an unusual colour variant, I could not resist buying it. The build is simple and great fun, the shapes made by the addition of a couple of simple Technic pieces are inspired and when complete the set is beautiful. I added a display stand made from a technic beam and large dish just to finish it off. The Minifigs are excellent and both have some excellent printing on the helmet and torso. I really like how well both Minifigs fit into the ship, despite the small amount of space inside. My only complaint is as always, the application of stickers, which as a disabled adult, I find difficult. Trying to move them if the attach in the wrong place is very hard and can easily damage the sticker. Overall, this is a very pretty and easily displayable set. The ship looks great, the shapes are just right and the colours are well chosen. The addition of shooting elements just adds even more fun for younger builders. For play though, the technic elements that hold the wings on do seem to become loose very quickly and the wings are not well secured, which does make them easily detachable. The addition of a display stand, like the one I made would make this set perfect for adults who like me want to have the model on display. However, this set is clearly designed for play rather than display, even though it does look fabulous built into a diorama.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- December 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Jawas watch out!Xylfinna |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I saw that the Sandspeeder was now for sale I rushed out to get it. I got one of the last one on the shelf! And this kit did not fail to impress me. The kit makes great use of sand colors with just enough darker colors to really make it pop. The set has two mini figures with each having two new face prints. The visors are also printed on the heads. They each have a blaster pistol. The helmets are very detailed with over a dozen new markings, I'm not sure if they are new rebel markings or something that is coming out in the new movie. They have prints on the front and back of the body as well as the legs, these also are new and very detailed. The main build is very well designed, it has two flick missiles under the front of the Sandspeeder and a rear flick gun that can turn 360. There are fins on each side that can be moved up to give it a appearance of turning. The cockpit has two new different computer prints (1x2) that are also very detailed. The mini figures fit in very well and firm so they don't fall out. The rear gunner has a very interesting way of fitting in, the legs go up under the rear computer. Both figures must be almost leaning back almost helmet to helmet so the canopy can close. The glass canopy is two parts, with the front larger part having a nice clean print on it. I was very glad to see this on this set. As before we had sets that have stickers to put on the canopys. As you know sometimes getting the sticker just right is a challenge on its own. With talking about stickers this set has three. One for each of the two fins on the wings and one on the front slope of the Sandspeeder. The second build that is in the set is a antenna or a "moisture evaporator". It has a very straight forward build and has great play with the moving parts that make it so you can "shoot" or knock it over. This will reveal a hiding spot under the rock where your can put the gray snake that is in the set. Extras; The set has only three extra parts in it, this is a tan 1x1 cheese slope, clear red round 1x1 and push pin for the flick gun. Positives; Great new mini figures, face and helmets. The Sandspeeder is also a very interesting take on the iconic "Snowspeeder" style. The cool snake as a little extra pop for the set. The new brick prints are very nice to have. It was very reasonably priced for brick count and mini figures. With all the different moving parts you will have great playing ability. This is a set that I will be buying two of because it is so well done. The only thing is I would give a warning when doing step 54 on page 46 and step 80 on page 63. This is where you attach the wings to the main body. Make sure you line up your parts (6015356) and parts (4211552) and push them in a little at a time so you don't pop off other parts on the main body. It is a very nice snug part that keeps the wings nice and tight on the main body. Negative. Finding any negative item on this set was very small because it is a great build. If I had to say anything is that the canopy is two parts and is held on the main body with only one line of studs that are four wide. When you open the canopy the parts sometimes come apart in this area. The canopy when closed has a very slight gap at the front because it does not attach to any studs. So over all I give this set a big thumbs up and a must have for Lego and Star Wars fans and a great set for anyone just starting to build Lego. Happy building to everyone and have a great Holiday season.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- February 21st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent T-47I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAn excellent addition to your Star Wars collection. Very similar to the most recently released snow speeder, with some positive changes. Most notably, the fins on the wings, replacement of tow cable with a grill, and smooth pieces to help it glide across the floor. The finished build is excellent, very sturdy and handsome. One of my favorite Lego builds to date. The mini figures are great with some very nice helmets.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- January 3rd, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0SandspeederI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is pretty awesome, its a twist on the classic snowspeeder that luke flies in the empire strikes back. The two pilot mini figures are unique and a must have for any star wars fan, and the speeder itself is pretty sturdy. The one downside in this set is the extra side piece moisture evaporator. Its cool to have but its a bit unnecessary. You can shoot it and it falls down revealing a snake. That doesnt really fit in the star wars universe. However, the set is definitly worth the money for the sandspeeder and minifigures.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Sandspeeder™