LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
Temporarily out of stock
Skiing Santa Claus gift with online LEGO® purchase over $109, valid 1/12-24/12.*Learn more
Use classic LEGO® bricks to build your own chess board and then build all the playing pieces too. This set is ideal to take and play wherever you like, as the pieces store conveniently inside the board. It can also be used to play checkers.
- Includes a buildable chessboard and buildable playing pieces.
- Board opens to store all the playing pieces inside.
- Can also be used to play checkers.
- This set includes over 1,400 pieces.
- Board measures over 10” (26cm) square.
- January 28th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Greeat set for decoration or parts!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is great! I love the dark red/black vs dark blue/white color scheme. There's lots of great parts in here in those colors. If you're looking for a chess set, it does the job admirably. If you want a bunch of nice parts for a decent price, this set is exceptional.Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- May 7th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent gift optionI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWonderful value for the piece count and types. As a chess instructor, I wouldn't use this to teach young students, but it's good enough to play with, assuming no timers. The pieces, when assembled well, are very sturdy and hold up to play. It would be nice to be able to get additional queens. (Certain parts aren't available in pick-a-brick.) It is common to have an extra queen for both sides in similarly priced chess sets. Not important unless I'm actually trying to play games frequently with this set. I will generally just have this board sitting as office decoration. The design of the board is sturdy. There are very few minor things to nitpick. Blue 2X1s instead of blue 2X2s. Having to add the little green, round buttons to stack the two board parts. Checker pieces aren't ideal. I will be getting more sets to use as gifts! Highly recommend purchasing at this price!Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- October 17th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.02 in 1I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have had this thing for a bit now, and after playing 30+ chess games and 24 checkers games, I think now is a good time to do the review. Now let me start off with that build. It was, a pain, I guess, but I knew that was going to happen. You have to build sixteen pawns, with eight being white and the others black. The board took time with all the little pieces, but the end product looks good. So umm, I guess I do the figs now? The build is solid for all the builds, kind of wish that we had a way to king someone in the checkers game tho. I play chess a lot and the builds for those as I said before is good. This works well on the road also, as the studs have a stronger connection than I would have guessed for just one point.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 3 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- January 13th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Grandmaster!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is A-maz-ing. If you want to buy a chess set this has got to be the one to get. Not only is it cheap it's made of LEGO! you can buil and custamize your own figures to use on the board and in terms of playability its the best lego set you can buy.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set