You were born to explore the universe! Build and inspire the next generation of astronauts with LEGO® Space rockets and vehicles – Let’s Go!
Give young space adventurers a treat with a NASA-inspired toy rocket launch set. This awesome LEGO® City 60228 Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control kids’ toy features a modular, multi-stage rocket with cockpit, booster and payload storage modules, and a monorail system with stops at the rocket, research area with geode retrieval training and launch control tower. There’s also a launchpad with opening tower arms, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm and launch control tower with detachable window section, fold-out function and a countdown function. Kids can use a mobile device as a screen for interactive play opportunities with the City Explorers app. Give any LEGO builder an amazing building experience with Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets.
- Includes 6 LEGO® City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director and a ground crew technician, plus a robot figure.
- Features a modular, multi-stage NASA-inspired rocket that can be customized in different ways with the booster, payload storage and 2-minifigure cockpit modules, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm, space telescope with folding solar panels and magnifying glass, plus a monorail system with multi-stop track and 2 cars.
- The detailed toy playset includes an opening launch control tower with removable window, 2 desks with small screens, large screens for countdown and monitoring of the telescope and space to insert a mobile device, as well as a launchpad with opening tower arms to launch the rocket, plus a ground research area with a tile with secret symbol
- Accessory elements include 2 new-for-June-2019 geodes, 2 helmets with blue visors, a magnifying glass, scanner element, tile with secret symbol, circular saw, wrench, cell phone, 4 water elements and a camera, plus a brick separator.
- Lower the gates to stop the monorail cars along the route and help climb aboard or exit a car.
- Aim the robot’s scanner over the tile in the research area to see the secret symbol.
- Set a mobile device into the launch control tower to experience the interactive play options available when connected to the LEGO® City Explorers app.
- Drop the tower arms on the launchpad to launch the rocket and head to space.
- Use the LEGO® Life app to access the intuitive Instructions PLUS building instructions. Help even younger builders through the building process, with easy-to-use zoom, rotate and ghost-mode functions to visualize their creations as they go.
- Download the LEGO® Life app at the iOS or Android app store. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Space telescope with wings closed measures over 3” (9cm) long and 1 (3cm) wide.
- Rover with arm retracted measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
- Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep.
- Monorail measures over 1” (3cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36 cm) deep and 18” (47cm) wide.
- Free standard 1 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over $149!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 10th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Space and sadnesspcarlos | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI wanted to buy this set the minute I saw it! I was a Lego space fan so I think Lego had a good idea here. I had a great time building it, wich, by the way, is fairly easy. However, sadness was waiting for me at the end! My set is missing a piece!! At this price I think this is not admissible. This has never happened to me before with Lego sets.16 July 2019Emily, Customer ServiceOh no! We're sorry you're not ready for lift-off. If that piece isn't stuck in the packaging or hiding somewhere, blast on over to LEGO.build/BricksPieces. It's easy-peasy to request a replacement part.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- July 3rd, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastic Space setJackie72 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis rocket space set is amazing. Very enjoyable to build with many very clever touches of how parts move and work - I don't want to give the game away. My small boys (and husband!) all love the set and there is so much playability in it. Really worth the money and although it it biggish, 40cm tall or so, it is compact enough to easily display as pieces can be moved around easily. The rocket itself is incredible and comes easily apart, as do the boosters. I would highly recommend this set for £89.99. We have tons of Lego sets here and this one is really worth the money and is a lot of fun.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- October 16th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set - just a questionMemphisTNLego | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonGot this at Costco yesterday and my son had a fun time putting this together and playing with it. There are a lot of very clever design elements in this set. The "interactive display" using blocks moving behind stickers was one of them, and a rocket gantry that "falls away" was another. The smart phone app makes everything come to life and uses some real sounds from space missions. As a parent I had just one question- What is the little white rubber band for? It is in a separate cardboard box and listed on the inventory, but we must have missed where to put it.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- September 11th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0greatpennywise | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfi got this during lock down, it was amazing, it has so many good features, and the price is good too, its amazing when the launch pad opens and alll my friends really like the rollercoaster.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control