Introduce young LEGO® builders to the basics of engineering with this highly detailed LEGO Technic™ 42098 Car Transporter toy. This authentic replica model comes with a host of realistic features and functions for hours of play and design exploration. You can raise and lower the car decks and rear ramp for seamless navigation to the upper and lower levels, lock vehicles into position for safe transportation, and tilt the driver's cab to access a detailed V6 engine with moving pistons. This 2,493-piece building set also includes a blue car with working steering and V8 piston engine and is compatible in scale with the 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (sold separately). It comes with a classic red, gray and black color scheme with stickers for additional detailing. Rebuild this 2-in-1 vehicle transporter to create the LEGO Technic Truck and Show Cars model.
- Car Transporter features adjustable car decks and rear ramp for loading and unloading, lock for securing vehicles during transportation and a tilting driver’s cab that gives access to a detailed V6 engine with moving pistons.
- Also includes a blue car with working steering and V8 piston engine.
- Car Transporter comes with a classic red, gray and black color scheme, plus a sticker sheet for additional detailing.
- Lower the deck, drive on board, apply the transportation lock and you're ready to roll!
- This LEGO® Technic™ toy truck set introduces LEGO builders to the basics of engineering.
- Realistic features and functions for hours of play and design exploration.
- This Car Transporter toy is compatible in scale the LEGO® Technic™ 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 for extended play opportunities.
- Car Transporter measures over 8” (22cm) high, 33” (86cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Blue car measures over 3” (8cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- LEGO® Technic™ Truck and Show Cars measures over 5” (14 cm) high, 34” (87 cm) long and 5” (15 cm) wide.
- Free standard 1 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over $149!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 8 daysAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Off to the Showroom!Brickthus | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set has great play value. The truck, trailer and separate car, each with a few functions, combine to provide fun for longer. Since the truck uses many long pieces, the model is big compared to the volume of pieces. One of the best features of this set is the ability to add more vehicles, such as 42093 Corvette. However, the extra vehicles need to engage with the arresting features of the platforms so that they don't roll off! The underside engagement location for 42093 is further forward than that of the supplied blue car, so it can be a challenge to fit the vehicles on without scraping the paintwork! I like the medium truck wheels (6 supplied) as they are like the super-wide front tyres on modern European trucks. The car wheels are great too; we have waited too long to get them as a replacement for the older Model Team wheels. What is needed is a new piece of a truck-diameter tyre for the narrower car wheel hub, so that we can make the authentic double rear wheels of trucks easily. The geometry of the truck loading functions seems to work well, 2 lifts and 2 ramps, though 42093 struggles to fit downstairs on the trailer. The single differential gear is authentic, since only heavy haulage truck have twin drive axles, though narrower rear wheels on the truck would be more realistic for a rear-steer or lifting tag axle. The new engine format, V-engines extending the straight-6 concept in Mack Anthem 42078, is great for smaller vehicles; with the irony that the car has a bigger engine than the Car Transporter truck. This keeps the previous engine blocks with larger pistons for ships and construction equipment. In the cars I would like to see opening doors in future; both the supplied car and 42093 are a bit short of functions. The steering rake could be better but this is normal for LEGO set vehicles. Perhaps the designers have a wide space to turn round in, rather than the confines of a populated house. The railing pieces, 27965 "Flex Tube 21 Module w/3.2 Hole", are new to the Technic theme. These may have possibilities in a remote control mechanism, though they would not have significant pushing torque. Pulling against a spring or belt would work. This may be a useful equivalent of the old flex system, with the advantage that a pulley could allow tighter turns than the previous flex elements and tubes; I would not recommend scraping through a beam hole for guidance, though pinching the end allows it to go through a beam hole. It looks like an 18mm or 24mm pulley would work well for turns but the smaller ones might be too tight to avoid deformation of the flex tube. I was also happy that the box was full when I opened it; 2/3 full was usual before. Using less cardboard is better for the environment and also allows limited shelf space in shops to be better stocked. As a further environmental improvement, I would like to see an alternative for the type 4 and 5 small plastic bags that are not recyclable in the UK. Could recycled Type-2 bottle materials be used? Those can be formed into a reel of material now. A real car transporter could carry up to 13 cars. This would have been interesting to build but it would not have added to the play value of the set and would have needed better car-holding features, so what we have is about right for the 11+ age group. Perhaps Adult Fans of LEGO will try building a bigger one?Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Car Transporter
- in 18 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love itI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAll perfect! Wish could have more cars to be carried with. Just bought the new Corvette, think it could fit in I NEED MORE CARS!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 15 hrsWas this helpful?55Car Transporter
- in 4 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Great Addition to LEGO Vehicle CollectorCAM1234 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt was a no brainer for me to order this carrier when it was released. Great assembly, and love it came with one car. I paired it with the 42093 ZR1 kit as well. The ZR1 does not snap into place to prevent it from moving (like the supplied blue car) but it fits perfect. Everything moves really nice and the kit is large. Comparable to the Mack truck set too, which looks good next to this kit.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Car Transporter
- in 11 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0What a Vehicle, What a Build, 65 years latePuddytat | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA most satisfying build, you can make sure the moving bits are working properly before the build is complete. As an owner of a Corvette ZR1 model, that was put into/onto the transport to corroborate LEGO's claim and it did, albeit a little tight on the lower deck. 'Driving' the cars onto the transporter is relatively easy, that said the Corvette appeared to have a tendency to roll forward when at ths front on the upper deck, this was cured by running one of the extra Safety Ropes/Chains, used on the upper deck of the vehicle to comply with H&S regulations, between the front 2 stantions, this will lay just above the bumper, and stop any forward movement. Excellently forward thinking by LEGO. Being of an inquisitive nature, I had to see if the DB5 would also fit. Lower Deck - No, the roof fouled the underside of the upper deck, smaller wheels on the DB5 or a slightly bigger transporter needed; Upper Deck - yes, but only on the trailer. If on the main upper deck, it makes life extremely difficult to put on a 2nd car. Both the DB5 & the Corvette lock onto the luggs to prevent roll back. It would be nice to see a transporter that will take the Chiron and the 911 GT3 RS. All in All, another LEGO gem.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Car Transporter