- Screen time limits and the importance of taking breaks from being online.
- Online bullying and being careful about who they friend. Be sure they know to talk to an adult about experiences that make them uncomfortable.
- Being positive and respectful with others. You shouldn’t say or do anything online that you wouldn’t say or do face to face.
- Privacy settings and oversharing. Explain that once they post photos and videos, it’s difficult to erase all online traces of them.
- Point out the difference between free apps and apps that offer/require in-game purchases because it can be hard for kids to tell them apart.