Year of the Tiger gift with LEGO® purchase over 85 €, valid 10/01-27/01 while stocks last.*Learn more
Bring the thrilling world of stunt planes to life with this LEGO® Technic™ Race Plane (42117). This treat for boys and girls aged 7 and up includes details like a propeller that spins when the plane is pushed along, plus opening engine covers. The eye-catching, teal and orange color scheme with sponsor details completes a cool little gift for any occasion – it's just like a real race plane!
This toy airplane rebuilds into a Jet Airplane so kids can enjoy even more building fun.It's easy to get started since this set comes with Instructions PLUS. Available in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, this interactive guide includes zoom and rotate tools, plus ghost mode, to help children build independently.
Hours of creative play
The LEGO Technic universe offers advanced building toys for young LEGO fans who are ready for their next challenge. With vehicles that look and function like the real thing, these sets offer a great introduction to engineering and mechanics.
- Give aspiring pilots a treat with this LEGO® Technic™ Race Plane (42117) toy. With vibrant colors, sponsor details and a spinning propeller, it looks just like the real thing.
- There are lots of details to discover for kids who love flying toys. Check out the opening engine covers, landing gear and spinning propeller for plane racing role play.
- Kids will love building this durable aerobatic aircraft toy before rebuilding it into a Jet Airplane for even more creative fun.
- Makes a greatholiday or birthday gift or an anytime treat for kids aged 7 and up who love stunt plane toys.
- The Race Plane model measures over 3 in. (9 cm) high (including propeller), 7 in. (18 cm) long and 9 in. (23 cm) wide.
- Instructions PLUS is an interactive guide that makes building extra fun. Available in the free LEGO® Building Instructions app, it has zoom and rotate tools to help children build independently.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building toys for young LEGO fans whoare ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect securely every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet stringent global safety standards.
- March 17th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great build with a SMALL flawI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThis is a pretty awesome build. Just like almost all the other Technics I’ve built, it’s sturdy enough for my toddlers to play with. It’s quite bigger than I expected and I really didn’t know what to think with the price being as low as it is. All-in-all, I’m glad I got it. The only flaw is the back wheel. When the kids are rolling the plane on the floor to make the propeller spin, they turn it and the back wheel comes off when keeping it on the floor. If there was a way to make the back wheel steer with the plane by rotating or something, it would have been perfect!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Race Plane
- January 17th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.01 plane is faster than the otherSlocus |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonA solid 5 and a must if you'd like to try a Technic. The only downer is my 3 year olds plane's engines seem to put out more power than mine... maybe I'm just getting old.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 17 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Race Plane
- June 20th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Little PlanePotPi |I would recommend this to a friend!I'll be honest, I'm not much of a Technic builder, I prefer the Creator Expert and Speed Champions lines. However, I saw this little plane in the store and colors and shape were very appealing. For only $10? Sure, we'll get it. I really enjoyed building this set, Technic seems to have a complexity that is different from system kits, and that different complexity was refreshing. The only part of the build I didn't like are where a few half-pins stick out on the bottom and a half-axel sticks out of the back wheel. These aren't major problems, but they were notable. The function that has the propeller spin when the front wheels are moving is very cool, and it was awesome seeing such a function implemented in such a small build. The plane looks great, builds great, and plays great. Highly recommend, especially at only $10.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Race Plane
- May 22nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent inexpensive setI would recommend this to a friend!The model was assembled with interest, there were no big difficulties in assembly. The assembly took about 1 hour.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Race Plane