Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
Build a LEGO® Power Functions IR receiver, battery box and motors into your LEGO creations, then use this handy remote control to start, stop, change direction and more!
- The LEGO Power Functions IR Remote Control system operates on 4 different channels enabling the use of 4 models being controlled at the same time.
- Control up to 8 different LEGO Power Functions with one remote by connecting 2 LEGO Power Functions to 4 different receivers each.
- The reaching distance of the infra-red RC system is at least 30' (10m).
- Requires IR Receiver (Item #8884), not included.
- Requires 3 AAA (1.5V) batteries, not included.
91% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- March 29th, 2008Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This is COOL!!I would recommend this to a friend!This is COOL!! I have never experienced something like this! Being able to control your LEGO creations without touching them is so cool! The problem is that to use it you need the IR remote,battery box and obviously a motor(you can read my reviews on these items also). I think it works best with technic LEGOs. Yes, I would recommend this to ALL my friends who build LEGOs.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
- March 16th, 2008Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesomely Featured RemoteD2ARK |I would recommend this to a friend!From the standpoint of an electrical engineer, this remote is easily one of the best bargains for model control I've seen in a while: 1) Two Rocker Switches - for enabling forward, stop, and reverse on two different, independent control line schemes. Each switch also has axle-holes for creating your own custom "joystick". 2) Rotation Reverse Switches - to enable instant reversing of motor rotational direction without needing to re-gear a model. 3) Signal Channel Selection - allowing the use of up to four remotes per model, for a total of 8 rocker switches to enable various motor controls. 4) LEGO System Form Integration - with a plate-style bottom, and Technic hole-beams on each side, this enables building a custom controller to suit the builder's and model's needs and style. The only drawbacks are the battery life (which is good, but less than I would have personally liked) and the range (control gets fuzzy about a room-length away), although the range could be low batteries, also... However, for the amount of easy-to-learn and understand features, easily configurable as needed, even on the fly, this little remote is definitely an awesome value if you want to control mobile, working models. :)Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
- May 6th, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Must Have!I would recommend this to a friend!When you start to make things with the starter Power Functions pack, you realize, that you have to keep it near you. Not anymore. GET THIS RIGHT AWAY BEST MONEY YOU WILL SPEND ON LEGO POWER FUNCTIONS!!! :)Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
- April 15th, 2009Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0If you get one, You'll want more!Dave77 |I would recommend this to a friend!This is one of those Gadgets that once you have one, you will find more and more uses for it and like me, will end up buying more of them. They clip together quite easilly to form a console, infact, clipping two together feels better in the hand than just one as they are smaller than I anticipated. With new batteries range is in excess of 20m (60 feet). With the Power Functions system you can control up to 8 elements (be they motors or lights) on the 4 channels provided if you have the right amount of receivers. Each Remote can operate on one channel at a time so if you want Ultimate Control, you'll end up getting four of them. HOWEVER. Noticed that there is a new IR remote out which has rate control (aparently you can control the motor speed now) so does that make this unit obsolete????????Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
Shop more like this: