Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
Year of the Tiger gift with LEGO® purchase over 85 €, valid 10/01-06/02 while stocks last.*Learn more
Add even more power to your LEGO® Power Functions! Use the LEGO Power Functions AAA Battery Box to energize your creations with more power than ever before! Features a control switch on the box.
- Features a control switch on the box
- Powers 2 XL-Motors or 4 M-Motors at once
- Same size as #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- Requires 6 AAA (1.5V) batteries, not included
79% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- July 16th, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Very good box, but too hard to connect to Technic.I would recommend this to a friend!This battery box is very compact, which means that it could become the primary PF battery box in the near future. However, it's much too hard to connect to Technic elements: the necessary pieces lack the mounting stability of the normal box. I would definitely recommend this set for its compactness, but it's just too hard to integrate it into a Technic model.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- December 19th, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Cost effective option vs the rechargeable packrsc75 |I would recommend this to a friend!This battery box is a good cost effective option vs the lego rechargeable battery pack. You can buy this and a set of low self discharge nimh batteries, such as sanyo eneloops, for a much less than the rechargeable lithium pack lego sells. You won't get as much punch as the lego rechargeable pack, but its not like you're going to be racing these trains anyways... or are you... (evil grin). If speed is a priority, get the rechargeable pack. It has a 2s lipo @ 7.4v nominal vs 7.2v nominal of the 6-cell nimh AAA pack. Of course, you could run normal alkaline or lithium AAA's @ 1.5v a pop for 9v to start, but that won't last long. On a side note, If you're handy with a soldering iron and have some electrical know how, you can rig up your own 2s lithium pack for the train and drop it into the pack for less money. Then use your own lipo charger. If you're into R/C or computers, then this might be a viable option, as you should have most of the tools at your disposal already.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- March 10th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Grandson approved!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: GrandsonI am not the Lego expert builder but my grandson is. I got this for him to put some of his sets into motion and he has done a great job.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- October 4th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0goodI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's well built and reliable, just still looks it has ancient technology so Lego could think of getting new battery systems for the future. or invest on more "eco" power functions, why not "tiny solar panels", like for the calculators but stronger, or even the new solar chargers we see on marked, its just a why not suggestion since I know lego wants to go more eco and has invested millions to replace the plastic for other much more suistanable material but it could be a start and a great way to empower your eco marketing strategy... The Horizon Express train CREATOR EXPERT SET doesn't come with power functions included so had to buy it, bought this same product to upgrade the NEW Ferris Wheel which is a SET I also recommend lively. you could have made a Pack set for this and all other equipment with the train and Ferris Wheel mentioned above.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
Shop more like this: