Help young LEGO® builders understand the basics of gears, force and movement with the LEGO Technic™ 42097 Compact Crawler Crane. This detailed, robust model comes with an array of realistic features and functions, including extendable outriggers that move both laterally and vertically, an extendable boom, a hoist with extensive cabling and safety lock, and a 180°-rotating superstructure. The Crawler Crane folds into a compact vehicle that travels on rugged crawler tracks and comes with a classic yellow and black color scheme with authentic sticker detailing. Rebuild this 2-in-1 construction toy to create the LEGO Technic Compact Tower Crane.
- Features extendable outriggers that move both laterally and vertically, an extendable boom, a hoist with extensive cabling and safety lock, 180°-rotating superstructure and rugged crawler tracks.
- Drive the Compact Crawler Crane into position, then operate the winch and superstructure to lift and deliver the load with pinpoint accuracy.
- This LEGO® Technic™ set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Help your young LEGO® builder understand the basics of gears, force and movement with this realistic LEGO Technic™ building set.
- This construction set is ideal for both beginners and builders who are familiar with the LEGO® Technic™ system of building.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Compact Tower Crane.
- Compact Crawler Crane, with boom and legs extended, measures over 20" (51 cm) high, 19" (49 cm) long and 15" (40 cm) wide.
- Compact Tower Crane, with boom and legs extended, measures over 19” (50 cm) high, 13” (35 cm) long and 8” (22 cm) wide.
- August 12th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Excellent setRaysting |I would recommend this to a friend!This set is quite large when fully unfolded and extended and has a lot of functions for play value. Also, it folds up very neatly, which means it is easy to store if space is an issue. Overall, the set is good value for money, as you get a lot oof pieces for the price and would recommend to fans of construction equipment and Lego in general.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Compact Crawler Crane
- October 19th, 2019Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Purchased for: SelfOutriggers are awkward to operate easily Superstructure rotation drags when trying to rotate Not sure why the superstructure has the "slide" / swivel function...guess it's supposed to be a stow / use function - seems it would be better to make the rotation operation stronger. Probably going into the parts bin.Play Experience2.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money2.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Compact Crawler Crane
- February 19th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Unexpectedly Enjoyablebtatkin |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was my first Technic build and it did not disappoint. I had originally wanted the technic Osprey that came out around my birthday, but when I heard it was cancelled I didn't know what else to ask for. My wife knew I was just getting into technic and surprised me with this. The build, at times, was a bit repetitive, but that is not the fault of the designer as the real thing actually has four legs that are built nearly identical. The build experience was enjoyable. One of the things I really enjoyed was how it is built in the compact form and then, at the end, you unfold everything for the first time and really get a sense of how big this model is. This build actually converted me to technic. The lack of a gearbox is a bit of a downer, but there is plenty of room to customize. My favorite thing is the range of parts (great for even just parts). Overall, it is a very fun set to play with, and the building experience is great for beginners or for those who are new to technic.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Compact Crawler Crane
- August 21st, 2019Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Compact Crawler CranePurchased for: SelfBeen a Lego collector over 45 years. Disappointed in this set to say the least. Not realistic like other sets. This one will go into the parts bin. As compared to other lego cranes, this model falls shirt of expectation.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Compact Crawler Crane