Senior Mechanical Engineer
Would you like to bring your expertise in to play and become an important teammate developing fantastic LEGO bricks?
Bring your technical expertise to the table and take a leading role in creating the next generation of technical robust LEGO elements.
• Capable of creating innovative and robust element design (LEGO brick design)
• Capable of working with complex element development in Siemens NX (advanced and technical elements, free-form, stress-strain, multi shot injection etc)
• Ability to question status quo when taking care of elements standard, guides, processes etc. And take lead when working on new solutions
• Ensuring the LEGO quality by evaluating and reacting on test results
• Interpret and utilise current quality standards when it comes to functions, building systems and product safety
• Ensure Design For Manufacturing and Processing in regards to plastic moulds and assembly
• Prototype testing and verification of material choice, function of elements and product safety
• As a senior, having the ability to motivate and support a highly skilled colleagues
• Supports the simplification and optimization of the processes that we work with using a holistic view on the value chain
Creative and curious, innovator with a focus on delivering results
The Existing Element Development team has overall two areas of focus. One to be executing on the development of existing elements, or LEGO bricks. The other is to participate in element development projects in the organization. We are looking primarily for a profile who will thrive in the ladder role with particular focus on participating in projects trying to find solution for concrete and challenging elements with the use of a holistic and innovative mindset. This will happen through a combination of input, knowledge and demands from other departments and partners and it will all happen in order to ensure that LEGO elements continuously are development according to the newest knowledge, standards and processes.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor degree in engineering within the area of plastics, industrial design, and/or mechanics
• Advanced experience within 3D CAD-designing (preferable having experience with Siemens NX) + advanced experience in MS Office or similar
• Holistically, analytical and innovative approach to solving challenges
• Advanced corporation skills, ideally used to working in a global organization and working in cross organizational teams – must be able to act responsibly, holistically and with high attention to quality
• Embracing different people and cultures to positively impact business performance
• Demonstrate a consistent and open communication style including a can-do-attitude combined with a proactive approach
• 5+ years of relevant experience including examples/proof of earlier obtained results throughout the working career to be described in application/CV
• Flair for - and eager to learn and an ability to communicate findings to others
• fluent in English
Join the global LEGO family
Come and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV
Bringing it to life
“You get a unique opportunity of being part of the team driving the way we do element development and continuously improve the LEGO bricks”