Senior Data Manager
United Kingdom, London
Location : London or SloughThe LEGO Group is seeking a Senior Data Manager to join our growing BI and Data Management team. You will be responsible for projects related to our broad data management agenda, and our vision of making The LEGO Group a more data-driven company.As Senior Data Manager, you will own data stewardship and data curation within the different data platforms of The LEGO Group. This entails user access management, identification of data quality issues, documentation, data modelling, facilitation of ingestion of new data sources to our platforms and general management of meta data on our data sources, reports and dashboards.
• Review and conduct gap-analysis on documentation of data sources as well as facilitate resolution of gaps
• Documentation of outcomes of various activities such as process documentation based on workshops with local stakeholders
• Facilitate specification of data sources being ingested to our data platforms
• Work hand-in-hand with the team to ensure we deliver what we plan and we do it with the right attitude and sense of ownership
Play your part in our team succeeding
Since you will be the first Data Management specialist in the BI team you will in the beginning be the teams’ primary go-to-person in western Europe business units. This also entails that you will work on a broad set of tasks in relation to the full data management agenda including both data stewardship and data curation tasks, as well as fulfilling championship obligations.
Do you have what it takes?
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
• Functional experience will be considered in place of academic
• Ability to troubleshoot, research and work through complex requirements and competing priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highest attention to detail, organized, team worker
• Functional expertise – Actively uses knowledge base in a broader context
• Result Orientation – Delivers Results
• Innovation – Challenges status quo through new insights and ideas
• Fluent English
LEGO is a global organization but with a relatively new engagement around data driven decision making and the paradigm of the “data driven company”. The role sits within an established but diverse hands-on team. Every day is different and there is a real chance to shape direction and be influential.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.