LCS Store Assistant Project/ Construction Manager
Are you an expert in retail expansion who is passionate about ensuring a LEGO standard retail format delivered to the market within agreed timeframe and efficiently?Here’s a fantastic opportunity for you to be a part of our China Sales team in the LEGO Group to help expand our LEGO China LCS channels.
Core ResponsibilitiesOverall Store Opening quality and cost control, and local relevance primary driver
• Manage new opening project from the moment the space has been approved through the whole design, construction, and installation and then handoff to field retail team for store opening.
• Manage and support local LCS partner BD function to prepare all relevant documents and material to kick off store design.
• Work with designing firm and global team for store layout design. Provide inputs and insight based on landlord and LCS partner feedback and manage through serval runs communication to align a final store lay out. It might covers:
o Make good use of the space
o Balance out the sales output and play experience set up in the tore;
o Driver of local relevant elements in store, i.e. 3D model and LEGO bricks made mosaic wall reflecting local landmark.
• Follow through the key steps of new store opening from construction and fixture installation and make sure a timely delivery of store opening. It might covers:
o Weekly check in with LCS partners to ensure a timely deliverables of key milestones.
o Liaise with key stakeholders to synchronize a prompted arrivals of fixtures and visual materials.
o Manage and ensure fire permit certificate is ready before store soft openings.
o Ensure critical criterial like safety requirement and PVC free are exactly meet and in a high standard level.
Budget and Quality Control
• Manage budgets and schedules (including risks with submissions and FFE delivery), prioritizing early identification of issues and appropriate escalations.
• Manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met.
• Quality control to ensure excellent brand representations to the customer. In depth knowledge of the details, assemblies, and critical branded elements utilized in the construction of the stores to teach local resources how to execute correctly and ensure high quality results. Support of project reviews, identifying areas for potential improvements.
• Support negotiations to ensure that brand standards are achieved with landlords, franchise partners and local authorities.
• Clear understand brand objectives to effectively communicate local conditions / requirements that would impact the design / branding of the space.
Documentation and process management:
• Manage the construction document process.
• Involve in Due Diligence and Layout to understand lease terms, develop estimates and initial budget, and secure necessary approvals.
• Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to management team per request.
• Manage the submission processes and coordinate the revision process.
• Ensure reviews of international transactional models to support contracting and / or purchase order generation.
• Involve in Construction, Staging and Closeout to insure construction completion and finalize invoicing.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe aim of the LEGO Certified Store (LCS) strategy is to protect the LEGO Brand, increase brand awareness, enhance partner performance, deliver exceptional customer service, expand the LEGO business quickly and efficiently while establishing consistency. LCS will be one of the main driver of growth in China and will be expanded.
The LCS Store Assistant Construction Manager shall be responsible for the project from the moment the space has been identified through the opening and handoff to facilities.
The LCS Store Construction Manager is also a driver for in-store engagement element enhancement and initiating creative ideas to make local relevance on top of standard format.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor degree and above in Interior Design, Construction Project Management, Architecture, Engineering and/ or a related major.
• 3+ years of experience in new store project or store construction management in highly branded environments of a global company.
• 2+ years of experience in store lay out design are highly regarded.
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin in writing and speaking.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building & ADA codes.
• Good team player across diverse disciplines and cultures/time zones.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.