Are you passionate about designing user experiences for software that put user needs first, that push the limits of the medium, and that are delightful to use and look at?Are you looking for a job where your expertise within human centered design across a variety of digital media come into play?
Then take this opportunity to join a diverse and passionate group of designers, developers, business analysts, and producers that take pride in enabling the design and development of the next LEGO products and build/play experiences.
The accomplished UX Architect should be passionate about designing user experiences for software that put user needs first, that push the limits of the medium, and that are delightful to use and look at.
You will lead the design process for software: user research, prototyping, and working with developers, and leading interaction designers. You are skilled in systems thinking and human-centered design, and you are focused on continually embedding user feedback in the process to ensure the overall digital experience provides a real benefit to people.
• Having early involvement, the UX Architect determines the design tasks and design resources required on a project
• Design experiences for software (desktop/laptop) related to both digital and analog products; think and iterate beyond screen UI
• Closely and iteratively collaborate with a diverse and passionate group of designers, developers, business analysts, and producers, and on various software enhancements, services, and features
• Execute efforts related to applying research methodologies, creating architecture, ideation, and prototyping
• Continually interface with frontend developers to capture their creativity and input in the design process
• Participate in Design Sprint workshops
• Conduct user testing early in the process, and integrate applicable feedback in the design
Play your part in our team succeedingIn our department, Digital Product Technology, we enhance and enrich LEGO play by creating audience relevant digital products and business enabling technology.
We develop software solutions for complete life-cycle utilizing the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in our digital platforms.
We value close collaboration with our business stakeholders, working with an agile mindset. Our objective is to develop true LEGO experiences by bridging physical and digital build and play experiences.
Do you have what it takes?• A Master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, New Media or equivalent work experience.
• At least 6 years of human centered design experience across a variety of digital media
• At least 3 years of demonstrable interactive products you designed that were built and launched
• At least 2 years of design work on desktop/laptop software
• Confident and experienced in presenting and explaining work to stakeholders and colleagues
• Exhibit a real passion for design and making things for people that they remember and love
• Agile and flexible to adapt the design process based on project needs, yet able to explain important consequences of tradeoffs
• Accustomed to evangelizing the benefits of a human-centered approach to design with a win-win-win mindset for you, for stakeholders, and for the enduser
• Skilled in and thrilled by conducting user tests and synthesizing data at various stages of the product development lifecycle
• Fluent in design and prototyping software such as but not limited to: Axure, Principle, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision
• A portfolio of design work is required
In addition it would be great if you have previous experience working with Agile methodologies. You are characterized by taking initiative, recognizing and acting on opportunities and take advantage of limitations and find good stakeholder compromise in the design process. It goes without saying that you have good interpersonal communication skills and fluency in English.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“This role has the exciting opportunity to work directly with LEGO bricks in 3D form and with the people who design models and develop building instructions, and to be motivated watching those makers as they are able to effortlessly and joyfully use the software to design the next LEGO products and build/play experiences.”