Sr. Mechanical Engineer/Toolmaker
Do you dream of playing a vital part in developing the best injection mould solutions possible?
Come join our Technical Mould Department and use your expertise within tool making and construction. We have a team of passioned warriors, who focus on collaboration and quality.
• Strong involvement with stakeholder
• Understand current production platforms and the future roadmaps
• Understand stakeholder needs
• Challenge and integrate the above into mould solutions together with colleagues
Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and innovative solutions through:
• Technical expertise within mould development
• Engaging with colleagues – challenge and spare about the technical solutions
• Evaluate daily planning on own tasks
• Ownership on conclusions/recommendations
Participate in optimization by:
• Continue the LEAN journey in LEGO Continuous Improvement (LCI) program
• Ongoing development of our working processes and standards
• Optimizing tools, concepts and production platforms
Play your part in our team succeeding
Technical Mould Development is a part of Elements & Moulds, which is part of Engineering & Quality, a vital part of LEGO Operations.
We kick-off all mould development in the E&M organization. In close corporation with Element Development we do this by acting as partners across Engineering & Quality in regards to the development of the mould. This includes maturing of elements for production and development of prototypes. We secure frame setting with our stakeholders across the company to manage complexity. A high quality level and an accurate delivery is key to us and we strive continuously to improve in this area to raise the bar even further. We value an informal and trusting work environment where empowerment of the employees are in focus.
The focus area for Technical Mould Development is to develop the best injection mould solutions possible with focus on quality and adherence to platforms on every element in the portfolio.
We are hiring for both the Existing and the Novelty department. In Novelty we are involved in the development of new elements where we in Existing are highly engaged in the sustainability agenda.
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate has a background as a Mechanical Engineer or a Toolmaker/Tool Technician along with 5+ years of experience in a similar position within toolmaking and construction. Furthermore, we expect that you have:
• Experience within toolmaking, designing of elements, mechanical understanding in regards to injection moulding and tool construction
• An end 2 end perspective for creation of high quality moulds
• Experience with design in 3D CAD system (NX)
• Advanced English skills – both oral and written
As a person you have strong collaboration and communication skills as well as you thrive in and dynamic and fast changing environment. We are also looking for a person who:
• Has the “We succeed together” and continuously improvement mindset
• Is a Team player and capable of getting the key message across stakeholders
• Is detail oriented with focus on quality
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You will join a team of true warriors who take pride in their work and take responsibility for the quality and sustainability of our products. LEGO is a great place to work. With our “Dare to Care” concept, you enter a healthy work environment where we are supporting and looking out for each other”.