Senior Interaction Designer
Do you have a passion for interaction/graphic design and for making things for people that they remember and love?
Are you thrilled to design user interfaces for desktop software for internal 3D modeling applications and tools?Then this is your chance to join a team of digital experts developing true LEGO experiences by bridging physical and digital build and play experiences.
Core ResponsibilitiesThe Sr. Interaction Designer is accountable for the visible and moving elements of an experience: the interfaces, touch points, and feedback systems that convey useful information and guide people through an experience.
You will design the user interfaces for desktop software for internal 3D modeling applications and tools.
You are highly skilled in interaction/graphic design, and you are focused on ensuring that the visual, textual, and moving elements of an interface make a coherent whole.
• Execute visual interaction design for desktop/laptop software for internal 3D modeling applications and tools; based on direction from the User Experience (UX) Architect
• Collaborate with the UX Architect on creating user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes
• Continually interface with frontend developers to capture their creativity and input in the design process
• Edit and arrange content like images, text, and video to create a unified whole
• Participate in Design Sprint workshops
• Conduct user testing early in the process, and integrate applicable feedback in the design
Play your part in our team succeedingIn our department, Digital Product Technology, we enhance and enrich LEGO play by creating audience relevant digital products and business enabling technology.
We develop software solutions for complete life-cycle utilizing the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in our digital platforms.
We value close collaboration with our business stakeholders, working with an agile mindset. Our objective is to develop true LEGO experiences by bridging physical and digital build and play experiences.
Do you have what it takes?• A Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, New Media or equivalent work experience
• You are highly skilled in interaction/graphic design, and you are focused on ensuring that the visual, textual, and moving elements of an interface make a coherent whole
• At least 4 years of human centered design experience across a variety of digital media
• At least 2 years of design work on desktop/laptop software
• Confident and experienced in presenting and explaining work to stakeholders and colleagues
• Exhibit a real passion for design and making things for people that they remember and love
• Easily see the big picture of an experience, yet thrilled to tackle specific details like typography, and graphic design
• Fluent in design and prototyping software such as but not limited to: Axure, Principle, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision
• A portfolio of design work is required
• Previous experience working with Agile methodologies
• Takes initiative, recognizes and acts on opportunities
• Takes advantage of limitations and finds good stakeholder compromise in the design process
• Good interpersonal communication skills and fluency in English
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“This role has the exciting opportunity to work directly with LEGO bricks in 3D form and with the people who design models and develop building instructions, and to be motivated watching those makers as they are able to effortlessly and joyfully use the software to design the next LEGO products and build/play experiences.”