Program ManagerWould you like to help shape the FIRST LEGO® League programs that inspire children to discover and feel confident in STEM? Join us to support and develop programs that impact the education of hundreds of thousands of students across the globe.
Develop inspiring programsAt our office in Billund, you will join our competitions program management team. The team works to ensure that the LEGO Education values and standards are incorporated into the FIRST LEGO League programs which are jointly developed between LEGO Education and the US-based non-profit organisation FIRST. The programs introduce challenges based on the STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) to children around the globe.
As one of three program managers, you will work with internal and external stakeholders and operational partners. You will do this on both a strategic and a tactical level to secure the development of the programs. Doing so, you will focus both on short-term and long-term objectives, and you will cooperate with the LEGO Education Solution and Product Development team, the FIRST Development team and our global partners. More precisely, you will:
- Manage specific projects related to program development, such as the testing of new materials, and the creation of programme support materials
- Work together with internal and external stakeholders and agencies to find new opportunities for collaboration
- Ensure that the annual development process runs successfully while also keeping the long-term goals in mind
- Collect and review programme feedback and global partner needs and provide insights and solution ideas for the development process
Challenge yourself and your colleaguesYou will join a dedicated team who are passionate about creating programs that inspire. Therefore, we are always looking for new and creative ways to impact students and deliver engaging STEM experiences. As a team, we are constantly learning from each other and our ever-changing challenges and partnerships. So, join us and help ensure that the FIRST LEGO League programs deliver an excellent experience to students and teachers alike.
An open mind and the ability to follow through on your tasksYou will succeed in this position if you adapt well to change and have a structured and proactive work style. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, you will also need to be adept at collaboration and communication. You have a keen interest in education technology solutions, and it is only a bonus if you have knowledge of the education industry. Lastly, you will need your strategic sense, and you:
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience within program development and management, preferably from the education and/or STEM sector
- Have experience working with international partners
- Have a degree in development, education, international relations or similar
- Speak and write English effortlessly
- Are able to travel globally 20+ days per year
Bringing it to life
“There is a great diversity in the things we do. Some days, you are working with major stakeholders– other days, you are chasing down a legal line. And you get to do this knowing your work will essentially make a real difference and inspire children around the globe,” says Alisha MacIntyre, Sr. Program Manager.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Alisha MacIntyre on alisha.macintyre@LEGO.com.
This position was posted 30-11-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.