General Manager, International Afterschool
Are you ready to play a key role in the fast-growing education worlds of China?Are you passionate about the business of learning? Do you want to lead the establishment of LEGO Education owned and run Afterschool Centers in China? Then this position could be another great step in your career.
Core Responsibilities• Lead the business through a design, test and scale process as we re-launch our Afterschool business in China. Set the pace during a period of considerable transformation.
• Be the voice of the Afterschool business as a member of the LEGO Education leadership team as well as the LE Advisory Board; look ahead to represent the needs of this important business model with great international potential. Manage a body of local advisors to inform our strategy
• Be responsible for the development of the global LEGO Education Afterschool portfolio to serve our markets across the world with initial focus on the China market.
• Build a high-performing, motivated team between HQ and in-centre roles. Be responsible for recruitment of top talent and their integration into LE and cross functional teams as well as ongoing people management, learning and development and performance management execution.
• Be responsible for the development of the global LEGO Education Afterschool portfolio to serve our markets across the world.
• Be responsible for the development and implementation of the global LEGO Education Afterschool marketing strategy in close collaboration with stakeholders across the LEGO Education organization.
• Lead the business through a design, test and scale process as we re-launch our Afterschool business in China. Set the pace during a period of considerable transformation.
• Responsible for quality maintenance of centres and staff (teacher quality, operational systems), with relentless focus on LEGO brand execution and the learning experience including state of the art curriculum across all age groups and seamless user experience, both digitally as well as in-centre.
• Oversee the development of strong partner and teacher training programs including materials for recruitment and development of the best possible afterschool teachers.
• Responsible for rollout, adoption and management of CRM system across centre footprint to ensure full transparency across the network.
• Represent LEGO Education with key stakeholders (private and public institutions) to ensure we are front and centre in developments in the Afterschool sector.
• Partner closely with Head of LE China InSchool business to ensure Afterschool and InSchool approach is symbiotic and effective in growing our total impact; similarly in additional territories, drive market activities in line with wider commercial and execution plans.
Play your part in our team succeedingLEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children to get hands on with their learning experience, engaging both hands and minds. We strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world.
LEGO Education has Afterschool partners in markets across the world, currently with the strongest focus on Asian markets but with great ambitions to expand in the coming years.
We are in the exciting process of re-launching our proposition to the Chinese Afterschool market - and over the coming month and years, we will be opening new centres and partnerships to grow our reach across the market – whilst continuing to build our presence across key Asian markets (Korea, Japan).
We seek an exceptional candidate with deep industry experience and energy who is ready to deliver on an ambitious Afterschool strategic plan.
Play a key role in LE
This role is a part of the LEGO Education Leadership team reporting directly to the President of LEGO Education and works closely with senior colleagues across markets and other functions such as communications, product development, curriculum and teacher training. The role will be a key contributor to over-arching LEGO Education strategy and initiatives.
Do you have what it takes?• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education or similar
• Min 8-10 years within education ecosystem in China/Asia
• Senior leadership experience of Afterschool centres in China; additional Afterschool market experience a plus.
• Partnership Experience – has built ambitious and long-term relationships to deliver mutual value.
• Experience designing and implementing sales structure and tools to manage business.
• Experience leading through significant change and/or successful start-up business.
• Experience working globally and with multicultural teams.
• Proven commercial track-record in education sector
Strong leadership skills – experience being a leader of leaders and in a team dispersed across numerous locations.
• Collaborative role model with ability to set strong direction.
• Fluent English mandatory. (Mandarin not required)
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.