General Manager, China InSchool
Are you ready to play a key role in the fast-growing education worlds of China?Are you passionate about the business of learning? And do you want to head up a sales organisation dedicated to further building the LEGO® Education brand and contributing to the success of students across China? Then this position could be another great step in your career!
Core Responsibilities● Target and execute regional sales strategy that takes LE solutions into prioritized regions where we see the strongest market fit;
● Create a healthy and sustainable market and partner portfolio, delivering market penetration in identified Flagship and Growth provinces ensuring we work across the full spectrum of stakeholders to deliver the most impact;
● Be the voice of China as a member of the LEGO Education leadership team as well as the LE Advisory Board; look ahead to represent the needs of this critical market into our portfolio pipeline. Manage a body of local advisors to inform our strategy;
● Build a high-performing China Leadership team by partnering with HR functions to effectively hire, onboard and continually train and develop to optimize the team’s potential;
● Develop a sales team with first class account management and business development competencies – skills, segmentation and tools – that can manage a growing partnership base, that drives competition in the market and offers strong and credible options to customers;
● Build excellence in marketing execution within a partnered model – ensuring strong collaboration with central (HQ) marketing development and driving success with local partners;
● Accountable to deliver global content that aligns with local curriculum and allows teachers to deliver relevant LE classes to National Curriculum standards and allows tailored solutions for key customers;
● Partners within the wider education and technology ecosystem to ensure we have market-leading distribution and product partnerships with the leading players in the market;
● With colleagues from Government Affairs, be responsible, as the face to the National government/Ministry of Education, in ensuring that LE can deliver against a commitment to bring innovation and modernization to the Chinese education system;
● Partner closely with GM of International Afterschool to ensure a coherent and strategic plan across both channels.
Play your part in our team succeedingLEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children to get hands-on with their learning experience, engaging both hands and minds. We strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world.
In China, we are in the midst of a high-growth phase in the K12 public system and see our hands-on learning solutions supporting a systemic change that is moving towards STEAM learning and 21st Century Skills. We bring our global solutions to China through local distributors, enabled by a local team of account and marketing managers, content and solution specialists to ensure that our solutions reach as many Chinese classrooms as possible to deliver learning impact. To reach more children and teachers, we are seeking an outstanding business leader who can realise our ambitions in China.
Do you have what it takes?● Advanced level degree in business, education or similar
● Minimum of ten years in market management/GM at senior level
● Experience managing cross-functional team of senior level leaders
● Experience working with major international brands
● Experience working with complex partnerships including negotiation and influence
● Experience working with national government stakeholders to deliver win/win frameworks
● Experience in working and succeeding in highly matrixed multinational organizations
● Experience leading a sales team and being part of an Leadership Team in global organization
● Experience working in the education industry, at public and private sector level
● English in Advance, spoken Mandarin Chinese would be a bonus
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.