Firmware Senior Engineer
Firmware, LEGO – make the products come to liveBring your skills with embedded firmware and become one of the passionate LEGO employees who love to inspire children with new technologies and creative solutions.
Core Responsibilities• Early concept and technology innovation of firmware as part of a cross-functional team
• Prototyping technologies and play experience in close collaboration with novelty teams
• Specify and implement firmware components for relevant technologies in LEGO technology components
• Support external partners during the running in process of bringing our components to production
• Constant collaboration with Product Technology Engineering teams as well as our Product Design Groups.
Play your part in our team succeedingIn PT Electronics, we strive towards being the electronics competence center at LEGO by being an inspiring and dependable value adding business partner. We develop state of the art technology components that add outstanding play value and experiences for our end users.
The Firmware team has 9 members and is part of the Electronics Engineering group which is in turn part of the LEGO Product Development organization located in Billund.
Our group is responsible for the development of all firmware product technologies for LEGO. Our tasks include all aspects related to firmware in support of electronic prototyping, hardware development, and low level API implementation. We are also responsible for contributing towards test equipment for mass production and we support production throughout the full product lifetime, including reengineering and maintenance.
The product portfolio that Electronic Engineering supports ranges from simple lighting and sound units, remote control hubs and peripherals, to advanced robotic platforms and LEGO education products.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor of Science or similar Electronics/Firmware Engineering background
• Minimum 5 years working experience with a strong focus on microcontroller development, and all of the challenges that come with limited processor resources.
• Demonstrated experience with Python, Linux, and comfortable with command-line utilities.
• Some hardware experience and can read a basic schematic - you should know which end of a soldering iron is hot.
• Demonstrated ability to use Git and bare-metal details such as linker scripts, map files, C pre-processor macro handling and industry standard HEX file formats.
• Commitment towards embedded systems development, ideally by participating in or hosting an open-source project.
• High level of team engagement, and able to spar with both engineers and creatives comfortably
• Steady temperament that is fully engaged and has an extra level of awesomeness when needed
• Some experience with LEGO Technology components such as Boost, Train, MINDSTORMS, Technic, etc.
• Able to use English in everyday documentation and communication to internal and external partners.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
The Firmware Group within Electronics Engineering is a highly experienced and cohesive team that takes pride in our work. We are constantly trying to improve our processes and develop new technology while building on our existing platforms. Join us and experience seeing a kid’s eyes light up when they are inspired by a technology component that you helped to create!