Data Scientist and Junior Data Scientist
Can you drive measurable business value through the applied use of data science?Are you passionate about helping LEGO make decisions with data? Can you apply data science within the LEGO Group across a variety of areas to better understand our customers and help develop the builders of tomorrow? If so, apply now!
The Advanced Analytics Teams PurposeThe LEGO Group needs advanced analytics capabilities to discover deeper insights, make predictions, and generate recommendations in a quickly expanding Big Data reality. Using data insights to drive business decisions and understand customer behaviour is a key strategic focus for LEGO. The Advanced Analytics function provides the LEGO Group with these insights, using data science approaches and techniques to perform predictive, prescriptive and diagnostic analytics.
The Advanced Analytics team work with a wide range of business stakeholders, with these roles having particular focus on digital experiences (apps, games, web).
Your tasks will include:• Interpreting and delivering the results of findings to stakeholders within the business
• Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that data science work is delivering real value
• Effectively communicating solutions to business problems, including the use of visualisation techniques and building automated dashboards
• Working with disparate datasets and running algorithms on large data effectively and efficiently
• Developing advanced machine learning models – both for prediction and description
• Staying up-to-date with all the latest cutting-edge technologies such as computer science fundamentals and programming
• For the Junior Data Scientist the above apply, but in a role where you will be supporting more experienced colleagues
Do you have what it takes?• Stakeholder management skills and championing a data-driven culture
• Able to translate technical content to business audiences in a way that delivers the most value
• Track record in completing complex data science projects from end to end
• Experience with tools such as R, Shiny, Python, SQL (others like Spark & Scala are also desirable)
• Practical experience in data science, including implementation of Machine Learning models (predictive or descriptive)
• Delivery of data science projects within digital experiences (apps, games, web) would be ideal
• BSc or MSc degree with emphasis on one or more of the following: big data, data science, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative discipline. A PhD is a bonus
• Required traveling less than 20% overall
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
• For the Junior Data Scientist the above apply, but while we expect knowledge of the topics, our expectations to experience are lower.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
Bringing it to Life:
Advanced Analytics is the heart of data science within the LEGO Group as it continues its journey to become more data-driven. The Data Scientist and Junior Data Scientist are expected to bring useful knowledge and experience in delivering value through data to the LEGO Group to join our rapidly-growing team.
The role is global in focus and will interact with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that all of our solutions are implemented.