3D Software Developer
Are you passionate about 3D software development and do you like conceptualizing, programming and implementing 3D pipelines?Then take this opportunity to join a diverse and passionate group of designers, developers, business analysts, and producers that take pride in developing LEGOs future Digital Creative Pipeline for digital experiences.
Core ResponsibilitiesIn the role as our new 3D Software Developer you will have a variety of responsibilities and you will need a broad skillset to:
• Create software that enables the model builders, brick designers and other 3D professionals to be more creative and effective
• Participate in design, implementation and maintenance of tools, algorithms and storage related to LEGO’s 3D creative pipeline including rendering, 3D geometry, rigging and animations
• Develop Cloud based solutions supporting LEGO’s 3D Pipeline and other digital experiences
• Work in a cross-functional development team, collaborating across a full value-chain in software and product development
• As part of an agile development team, you will take part in the collection, maturing and documentation of the customers’ requirements towards the team in the form of diagrams, features and estimates
• In collaboration with developers from other teams and the Solution Architect group, you will ensure coherence and alignment to the ecosystem and the digital platform, and, as such, have the responsibility for the architecture and components in the current domain
• Responsible for the adherence to defined quality standards both regarding product and processes, but also for the health of the team codebase and systems, from dev to live, ensuring the current state is visible outside the team
Play your part in our team succeedingIn our department, Digital Product Technology, we enhance and enrich LEGO play by creating audience relevant digital products and business enabling technology.
We develop software solutions for complete life-cycle utilizing the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in our digital platforms. We value close collaboration with our business stakeholders, working with an agile mindset. Our objective is to develop true LEGO experiences by bridging physical and digital build and play experiences.
Do you have what it takes?• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within IT or a related discipline or equivalent working experience
• At least 3-5 years experience in software development/engineering including requirements/analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing and problem diagnosis/resolution
• Python knowledge as this is the primary language of choice
• A good understanding of rendering concepts, theories and technologies
• Experience in the conceptualization, programming and implementation of 3D/2D pipelines and related technologies
• Experience with DevOps culture, mindset, and processes
• Experience with both relational databases and NoSQL data models
• Understanding of the HTTP protocol and knowledge as to usage for REST services
• Some knowledge with Containers and/or Serverless
• Experience with Git
• Some experience in 3D mesh processing and 3D modeling applications
• Real-time rendering, and content pipelines
• Knowledgeable with one or more software APIs for Maya, Katana, Nuke, Arnold, Renderman, Ftrack
• Experience and knowledge with Cloud development and/or SaaS, IaaS architectures. Primary focus is on AWS
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Certified Developer desirable but not strictly required
• Fluency in English
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“In the LEGO Group we want to reach even more kids in new markets to give them the unique LEGO experience, and most of them will get that experience in a digital realm before they build with physical bricks. These kids may not know any adults who can teach them how to build with LEGO bricks, so it is imperative that our digital building experience is good enough to carry that responsibility.”