Software Engineering Lead (Competence Lead)
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Do you want to lead a team of Software Engineers while at the same time being hands-on in a product team?
Join our fantastic team at the LEGO group, where you can make a difference, develop your own skills, the teams’ skills, and work in an inspiring and international environment!
You will lead a competency group of Software Engineers and work with them to develop their skills and identify opportunities for growth, improvement, and training. Moreover, you will:
- Work hands-on as equal team member and Engineer in the Moulding Manufacturing product team.
- Promote good engineering practices in product teams.
- Drive technical excellence and DevSecOps culture and mindset.
- Support agile methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Attract diversity and talent in Billund.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Product Engineering Technology department provides solutions and technology for the engineering and manufacturing areas of the LEGO Group. We support from design to produced elements within areas like Element Design, Mould design, Mould production, Quality and Moulding in the factories. This also includes supporting the Sustainable Materials agenda and Additive Manufacturing.
n the role as Competency Lead, you will work as a leader for 6-10 employees where you will ensure we have the right skills and grow talents, while also taking an active role as a software developer!
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate brings several years of hands-on software engineering experience and has a deep understanding of technology, best practices and skills needed in modern software development. Besides that, we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience in cloud native development and corresponding services as well as architecture design patterns.
- A strong interest in developing and guiding others.
- Experience with working in an agile development environment.
- someone who is a team player and embrace diversity.
It is also nice if you come with:
- Knowledge about mechanical engineering/manufacturing solutions.
- Knowledge about technologies behind Industry 4.0.
- Previous experience working with SAP.
- Knowledge about PLCs and the OT area.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.