Senior Frontend Engineer
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Do you want to be a part of the team creating and maintaining the LEGO Group digital design system?
Put your web-development skills to the test and help us develop our design system foundation and component for all software engineering teams across the LEGO Group!
- Define, Develop and maintain reusable web-components and framework wrappers e.g. React, Vue, Angular.
- Collaborate closely with design system team members, designers and fellow engineers, to ensure components are implemented optimally.
- Mentor and support other team members.
- Support consumers of the design system and component library through multiple forms of communication. Actively engage and collaborate with the design community to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience across digital products.
- Promote and evolve the inner-source initiative around our design system
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Design Systems Platform Product Team is one of the pillars of our Digital Platforms department. The goal is to build and maintain tools and libraries that can be reused and shared across all our product domains. We apply platform engineering and product management practices to ensure we build what brings the most value to our customers (other software engineers) and ensure a close feedback loop. You will provide expertise in web front-end technologies such as Web Components, React, TypeScript, bundling tools, CSS, visual automated testing, Style Dictionary (design tokens transformations), CDNs, etc.
This role has the unique opportunity to shape the future of the Design Systems Platform product team. You will interact and learn from a diverse group of people from all over the world, all with the shared mission of encouraging and developing the builders of tomorrow.
Do you have what it takes?
A preferred candidate would have 4+ years of web front-end development expertise. It could be specifically in the area of implementation of Design Systems.
You have a passion for open source and inner source and have an extremely collaborative mentality.
- Experience with accessibility standards, CI/CD tools (Github actions).
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Has a developer advocate mentality.
- Analytical and critical thinking and understands how to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent mentorship skills with the ability to bring along and elevate the team
- Experience in engaging and collaborating with both developers and designers
Some nice-to-have competences
- Excited about new web-technologies like web-components and custom CSS properties.
- An understanding of design in general and design systems in particular
- Experience with contributing to open-source or inner-source
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.