Senior Frontend Engineer
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Are you energized by working on user experience that impacts millions of kids and adults? Are you interested in working on a digital product that is the foundational enabler to the LEGO® connected ecosystem?
We are looking for a senior frontend engineer to join the LEGO® account user experience team.
- You work together with designers to make the best on-boarding experience for LEGO® account.
- You define, develop and maintain our existing frontend solution and our library of react components.
- You strive for bringing security and privacy best practice to the identity solution.
- You actively participant in solution design and frontend architecture discussions in our subdomain.
- You contribute to the LEGO® account support channel.
- You bring good engineering practices into the subdomain – CI/CD, inner sourcing, automate testing, privacy by Design etc.
- Our current solution is based on React and typescript, you will be actively developing features, architecting, (re)configuring and maintaining our robust and scalable solution by applying a “you build it – you run it” philosophy.
Play your part in our team succeeding:
The LEGO® Account products are serving a great number of experiences, for instance: www.LEGO.com, LEGO® Building Instructions App, LEGO Life app, LEGO® IDEAS, and our external game partners and vendors experiences. LEGO® account is our core identity management system for millions of kids, adults, and families. It is the center piece of our LEGO® connected ecosystem.
Today most consumers and shoppers first encounter with the LEGO® brand is through a digital experience. In this role you are part of making sure that the first impression is a great one. If you love digital and wants to go to work each morning knowing that the fruit of your work will reach a unique audience and inspire the builders of tomorrow – join our awesome team.
Do you have what it takes:
The preferred candidate is a self-driven and a collaborator with effective communication skills and delivery mindset.
- Demonstrable experience in front-end software development using React or similar framework.
- Solid experience on typescript or similar programming language, with good understanding of HTML, CSS, Web Standards, Web Performance etc.
- Solid experience integrating with backend services of various kind using REST and/or GrahphQL.
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication in English.
In addition, it would be outstanding if you have:
- Experience and knowledge with OAuth, OIDC protocol.
- Good understanding about security/privacy in web-based solutions.
- Experience with accessibility.
- Experience writing developer-first documentation.
- Experience with testing for frontend.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.