Backend Engineer (AWS) - Building Experience Designer
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Have you always wanted to be part of how we create our LEGO products, but your talents are in building amazing software?
Are you a senior engineer looking for a role you can grow in? Are you eager to learn and have a mind full of fresh new ideas? Are you willing to collaborate with other best-in-class people in our new state of the art LEGO Campus? If so, keep reading!
- Design and build the AWS backend for our unity based desktop application that enables our end users to create building instructions
- Design and build the distribution pipelines and API’s that make our data securely accessible
- Continuously challenge yourself and your team to be the best version possible
- Be a great teammate that loves the dynamics of an autonomous full-featured product team with an end-to-end responsibility working in close collaboration with the business
- Joint technical ownership for the solution: together with your fellow engineers you will own HOW we solve the user’s problems
- Learn and grow with us
- 3+ years experience working on serverless cloud solutions
- We use technologies such as: AWS, Terraform, Python, Rust, GraphQL, OpenAPI, Gitlab, Hexagonal Architecture & Clean Architecture – you do not need to know them all, but you need to be open to learning them
- Not afraid of diagramming and communicating code
- A natural team player with an agile mentality
- Empathize with our customers and be energized by helping them
- Strong written & verbal communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within IT or a related discipline or equivalent working experience
Play your part in our team succeeding
As part of our Product Development Technology organization, you will work as a trusted member on one the teams developing the Computer Aided Design software where ‘LEGO creators grow ideas into awesome experiences’. Our software is the birthplace of the LEGO models and building instructions we all know and love. Our teams work directly with our core user groups giving us a unique collaborative environment where we can see and feel the impact our software makes for our colleagues every day.
This position is specifically for the team focusing on enabling creators to enrich a LEGO building instruction. Here you can expect to work on problems such as: How can we produce the best tools for our internal designers so they can focus on creating the wildest experiences their imaginations can fathom? How can we reduce the time spent on authoring data so more time can be spent on creating experiences? How do we produce the data that defines the fun and how is that data being consumed?
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.