- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Come join Team Obscura! Their mission is to empower kids to express their inner artist and build a world where every child has the digital tools, they need to bring their dreams to life in a secure and safe space. They are a passionate group of engineers, innovators and artists who believe that creativity is the key to a brighter future.
Are you a talented Backend Engineer with a splash of React Native experience and a heart full of fun? If so, we'd love for you to join the team of engineers and designers on the quest to build the ultimate "creation tool" that enables kids to express their creativity through photos and drawings. As part of Team Obscura, you'll help develop and maintain backend services for managing user-generated content (UGC) submissions, ensuring that we can continue to nurture and celebrate the artists of tomorrow.
As part of Kids Technology in the LEGO Groups digital organization, you will join in our overall mission of creating and operating phenomenal digital experiences for Kids.
Our department is engineering, architecture, and product led. We work in agile and empowered product teams, each with its own mission. Our responsibilities are, among other things, LEGO.com/Kids, the LEGO Life app, and the LEGO Digital Building Instructions.
In this position, you will join our Kids Creations team where you will design and build backend systems and APIs to make it possible for us to store, process and serve creative creations made by children through our digital offerings. You will collaborate closely with app and frontend developers in and outside your product team.
We strive to remain in the lead when it comes to utilizing the cloud to its full potential, for instance, through serverless architecture.
You will work on experiences that will reach millions of kids and adults worldwide, and you will join a highly skilled international team that values individual talents and team spirit, where playing and having fun is an integral part of working.
- Take part in designing and building the technical solutions for our creative tool and UGC submission process in close collaboration with Product- and Design Lead, applying a “you build it – you run it” philosophy.
- Develop, operate & maintain robust and scalable solutions that inspire young artists and help them share their masterpieces with the world.
- Continuously seek the right balance between features, security, and quality to improve the health of the team's codebase and systems, from dev to live, ensuring the current state is visible outside the team.
- Ensure world-class quality and be a steward of the LEGO values that consumers expect from our brand.
- Bring your playfulness and curiosity to explore new technologies that can help us improve and move our offerings in new and exciting directions.
- The position is primarily focused on engineering the backend part of our experiences, but if you prefer to work full stack there is also room and opportunities.
- Solid experience in backend development using C# language on the .Net framework and/or Node.js with Typescript
- Experience with database design and management, performance optimization, and API design.
- Experience with infrastructure as code with Pulumi, Terraform or CDK
- Understanding of security aspects of web-based solutions
- Understanding Domain Driven Design and loosely coupled systems.
- Been part of software development teams running and continuously optimizing their agile methodologies and processes
Nice to have.
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills, ready to embark on a magical adventure with a diverse and talented group of individuals.
- Familiarity with React Native and cross-platform mobile development.
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms and techniques.
- Working experience with the AWS Cloud platform or Microsoft Azure (We use AWS)
- Experience with Cloud native development and Managed Cloud infrastructure (e.g., DNS, CDN, Load balancing etc.)
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.