Lead Software Engineer - Commercial Planning
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Are you curious about the discovery phase of a product and enjoy building and setting direction for high-quality digital experiences?
Then assist us in creating solutions facing our partners and make a big impact on tangible planning processes in the LEGO Group's Sales Organization!
You will be the technical lead for the Commercial Planning and Execution product team in the Partner & Markets area, where you will have the responsibility for the overall architecture outcome of the product including:
- Putting engineering and architecture topics on product roadmap by actively engaging with the product manager and designer.
- Lead the solution design and build of efficient and reusable solutions for some of our largest and most complex requirements.
- Actively lead engineering strategy of the team on both current requirements and long-term direction in alignment with other lead engineers and principal engineers.
- Explore emerging technologies and methods, finding opportunities for the future platform for Commercial Planning and Execution.
- Proactively sponsor and mentor the engineers related to your area.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Commercial Planning & Execution product team is part of the Partners & Markets area focusing on our B2B retail partners. The team plays an important role in delivering on our commercial strategy by enabling the voice of sales within commercial planning processes such as planning, sales estimation, tracking and forecasting. We are applying curiosity and bravery to constantly improve our products and make end-users love our solutions.
The current product is centered around an SAP Analytics Cloud solution with SAP BW as backend and with constant new requirements the platform will be evolving vastly over the coming period while ensuring the product has a technical fit with our digital strategy!
With all the new exciting requirements for the solution, the product team constantly have the ability and autonomy to adapt and enhance their tech stack. Other teams in the area use React and use APIs towards the backend which is based on container and FaaS technologies. Cloud infrastructure is main developed using CDK and deployed on AWS.
Sharing and bringing forth new insights for improvements play a vital part in ensuring that we constantly strive to produce the best possible quality in our digital products.
Do you have what it takes?
The preferred candidate has several years of technical experience with vendor-provided BI or planning solution alongside experience defining solution architecture on solutions in the public cloud along with a passion for technology and eagerness to learn new technologies. Familiarity working in an agile setup is expected and you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree within Computer Science or a similar related field, or equal and equivalent professional experience.
To succeed in this role, you already have experience within some of the following:
- Experience with Commercial planning solutions
- Advanced solution and platform design.
- Experience with analytics tools e.g. Power BI
- Familiar with product discovery defining tech stack for a specific product.
- The ability to break down large scale technical concepts, whilst aligning business decisions and collaborators of varying levels.
- Running highly available solutions in production, working with logging, supervising, and alerting stacks.
- Success working with resilient, scalable microservices-based environments.
- Value security, reliability, and maintainability as hallmarks of quality in delivered features and have experience working with technical and commercial partners outside of your own team.
Nice to have
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.