Lead Firmware Engineer
- Billund, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
- Technical leadership of a team of embedded developers across more locations
- Facilitate the development of embedded software for the LEGO product portfolio, from DUPLO to Technic
- Drive and design firmware components for producibility. E.g. different test modes, calibration etc.
- Work together with other parts of the organization to ensure alignment of the features and rollout plans for the products
- Work close together with other engineering domains (Mechanics, Hardware, Production, QA etc.)
- Work with our strategic sourcing teams to assess future potential components and their fit for firmware
- Contribute to the sharing and engaging environment
- We support the organization with firmware solutions that add value to the play experience.
- This is done in close collaboration with the design teams and the other technical domains to ensure a seamless product integration and play experience across technology and play.
- You will be part of a team that develops and maintains many different products across the LEGO product line. We work with agile methods and DevOps mindset, in a cross functional collaboration and with an open and transparent communication across organisations.
- We own the firmware in the products through the full lifecycle.
- You will be central in bringing bricks to life, utilizing clever firmware solutions and impact millions of kids and adults all around the world through play and learning
What are we looking for?
- You have a background within engineering. You have shown your ability to develop advanced embedded software with high quality as well as communicating your work to other stakeholders. You have demonstrated use of common software practices as well industry well-known design patterns in your daily work. You may also have proven your talent during your studies or in other ways.
- You have more than 5 years of professional experience in embedded software development
- Good understanding of firmware architectures and design
- Good understanding of firmware and hardware co-design
- Experience with software testing
- Experience with collaboration with teams across multiple locations
- Fluent in C programming
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Team player at heart that enjoys working with multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge within the full process from design to implementation in production
- A champion for modern software engineering practices
Nice to have:
- Experience with RTOS based systems
- Experience with working together with suppliers and partners
- Experience with production environments
- Python programming experience
- Experience with CI/CD
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.