- Billund, Denmark
- København K, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Are you interested in working on a consumer identity management system that reaches millions of kids and adults? Have you dreamed about working for the LEGO Group? This opportunity is open for both Copenhagen and Billund. Come and have a dialogue with us.
We are looking for a lead backend engineer to join the backend platform team of the LEGO® Account product.
- As a lead engineer, you provide technical leadership and are the go-to person when team members need a hand on solving technical issues, a direction on architecture as well as inspirations on new technologies.
- You lead the team to transform the current architecture to a target architecture by leaning into architecture design, spark discussions across teams as well as tackling the most complex part of the implementation.
- Our current identity management tech stack is based on .NET, Duende IdentityServer and Amazon Web Services, you will be actively developing features, architecting, (re)configuring and maintaining our robust and scalable solution by applying a “you build it – you run it” philosophy.
- You actively improve the quality of our platform – Being resilient, fast responsive, highly scalable, and secure.
- You promote modern engineering practices in the subdomain – CI/CD, infrastructure as Code, inner sourcing, automate testing, observability, privacy by Design etc.
Play your part in our team succeeding
We are currently establishing a new team for the LEGO® ID product in digital identity and authentication subdomain.
The LEGO® ID product is serving a great number of consumer facing experiences – just name a few – LEGO.com, LEGO Building Instructions App, LEGO® Life app, LEGO® IDEAS, and also our external game partners and vendors. It is our core identity management system to millions of kids, adults, and families. It is the center piece of our LEGO connected ecosystem!
Do you have what it takes:
- Demonstrable experience in back-end software development using C#/.NET or other high-level programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with OIDC and OAuth protocols, user authentication system, ideally with Duende IdentityServer, could also be other open source/managed solutions.
- You understand best practices in web security, ideally past experience securing web-based solutions.
- Demonstratable experience in architecting and operating high-performance serverless solutions in public cloud, ideally on AWS.
- Experience with databases, both relational databases, and NoSQL
In addition, it would be outstanding if you also have:
- Experience with distributed system, event-driven architecture, event streaming platforms and backend for front end design pattern.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.