- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Software developer - senior to experienced intermediate profiles - Digital, Billund
Do you want work you look forward to, and do you have a passion for building smoothly running corporate services apps? - Then take this opportunity to join our department in very exciting times!
Within the first three months you will already be part of our architectural decisions. And to top that up, your curious personality and proactive input will be vital for the success of our team!
We are hiring several engineers - experienced intermediates-senior profiles - in permanent roles based in LEGO headquarters - Billund, Denmark. We are also introducing a hybrid working model allowing a split of working on site but also working from home for some days per week where appropriate.
Play your part in our team succeeding
You will join one of our dedicated product teams part of the Corporate Product Technology domain where we build the backbone of our corporate services – these services make all internal operations at the LEGO Group run smoothly. To name a few, the applications we develop and maintain enable our facilities, physical security, HR, legal, finance and procurement functions.
"In our department we are on a journey from on-prem solutions to the cloud. We create immense value to our 20.000 LEGO-employees, building modern web applications using all the new technologies"
"We take pride in easing our colleagues lives and enabling everyone at the LEGO Group to focus on creating what truly matters - the best possible products which encourage kids and adults to learn through play!"
In our corporate products teams, you will be part of lifting our shared responsibilities:
- Set direction defining standards on technical choices for solutions including automated test.
- Cooperate and engage with engineers and architects across teams. Among other things demo and share success as well as findings.
- Develop, design, deploy and run dynamically scalable, resilient and secure applications on AWS or other cloud-based platforms
- Constantly improve existing applications and optimize utilization of resources and proactively remove technical debts.
- Define and communicate solution architecture(s) including documentation in words and drawings
- Ongoing selection and evaluation of cloud components
Complete us by bringing
We are looking to create an even more diverse and inclusive workspace as we believe the only way we can make solutions for everybody is to include everybody in the solution. This is why we expect you to bring strong cultural competencies, including the drive and passion for understanding and appropriately work with people from other countries. As you see from the headline you can be an experienced intermediate and senior profile with +4 years in the field. But to match our needs we find a few things need to be in place from your side:
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or alike
- Advanced English working proficiency
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture – cloud, APIs, serverless, microservices
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of specialists and subject matter experts on different levels
- “We” over “me” mentality – a true team player in the wider company perspective. Proactive and self-driven as a person.
- Learning approach and passion to dive into a new application area
- Interest to work in a global company and a multicultural environment.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Mentoring and coaching mindset to share knowledge within organization’s developer community
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complex concepts with both technical and functional teams
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.