- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Have you always wanted to be part of how we create our LEGO® models? But your talents are in building awesome software more than building LEGO® models?
As part of our Product Development Technology organization, you will work as a software engineer of a new team owning and supporting the LEGO® Digital Design platform. You will be working at the very heart of the LEGO Group, and very close to your user: our LEGO® model designers.
• Develop desktop applications with focus on user experience
• Implement a visual testing framework supporting desktop applications
• Enable Stream-Aligned teams to perform, by making it easier to write good unit tests and updating frameworks
• Work agile in a multi-functional product team, collaborating across a full value-chain of software products
• Take ownership of developing and honing your proficiencies as a software engineer
Play your part in our team succeeding
This is a phenomenal opportunity to help build a proven foundation on which several product development teams will rely. Our current tech stack is based on AWS serverless offerings and Python for the backend, C++ with Qt for the desktop frontend applications and GitLab as repository and CI/CD pipeline. This specific role will focus primarily on the frontend applications.
Do you have what it takes?
• Demonstrated experience in desktop software development using object oriented programming languages
• Solid understanding of common development best practices (e.g. CI/CD, Git, Scrum)
• Curiosity about implementing solutions solving both business and technical challenges
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within IT or a related discipline or equivalent working experience
• Strong written & verbal communication skills (English)
In addition, we hope that you also have:
• Experience with C++
• Knowledge of Qt
• A creative thinker who can analyze a problem, and see multiple solutions
• A natural desire to keep improving as an individual and as a team member
Join the global LEGO® team
We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.