- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
It's all about APIs!Do you think APIs first and want to be Lead Engineer of our API First strategy that is powering our Digital Transformation. This role can be based in our LEGO Campus in Billund or our newly established digital hub in Copenhagen.
Core ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a Lead Engineer to take architecture ownership of our API Platform. We build an API platform for all software teams and engineers across the LEGO Group helping them create the digital building blocks of our future state architecture.
• Drive the backlog for our self-service API Platform by taking a user centric approach
• Be a champion for technical excellence and DevSecOps culture and mindset
• Collaborate with engineers using the API Platform to ensure it performs and delivers the best value for them
• Promote the platform to other engineering teams ensuring value proposition is well understood
• Define the platform roadmap, ensuring alignment across different teams and upwards
• Contribute to code and features to the platform key components
Play your part in our team succeedingWe are building a multi-region/multi-cloud resilient self-service API Platform and are looking for a Lead Engineer to take its helm.
We believe that APIs are vital for enabling business agility and provide the way for truly empowered product teams that can access the data they need and when they need it.
We strive to provide a compliant, scalable and self-serviced API Platform that helps the LEGO Group achieve a common API surface and standardized consumption.
Do you have what it takes?• profound hands-on Software engineering experience
• Professional experience in software development and a deep understanding of technology building blocks (e.g. APIs, Event Streams)
• Experienced with at least one modern programming language, like Python, Java, C# or Typescript
• Hands-on experience in cloud native development and corresponding services as well as architecture design patterns
• Experience with leading agile technology development
• Experienced with CI/CD pipelines and git-based source control
• Attention to detail and good documentation
• Proficient in modern technology stacks and architectural patterns like event driven architectures and microservices
Maybe your superpowers will also include:
• Knowledge of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with KONG API Gateway and/or NGINX
• Prior experience with domain driven design
• Knowhow with Platform Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
• Familiarity with Internal Developer portals ( e.g. Backstage )
• Good understanding of observability and monitoring, preferably using the ELK stack
Please keep in mind, that due to the holidays, we will not be conducting interviews in July. Expect a longer lead time when applying.
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
• Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
• Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
• Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
• Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
• Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
• Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.